Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Hightest Paid Player in the NFL This Year ...

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Hightest Paid Player in the NFL This Year ...

    Ben Roethlisberger.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...onus-deferral/

    In a year when we have the highest paid player, that guy was only playing for six quarters.

    Man, it would be nice to be able to get some kind of a pro-rated refund, and use it to keep our defense intact next year.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    If possible, wouldn't that just mean the owner would have to pay more out of his pocket?

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...onus-deferral/

    In a year when we have the highest paid player, that guy was only playing for six quarters.

    Man, it would be nice to be able to get some kind of a pro-rated refund, and use it to keep our defense intact next year.
    All I care about is cap hit.
    He got paid 40 mil, his cap hit is 26 million.
    Cap hit maxes at 35 million next season, but at least he will be playing,

    If his play is like last year...I'm ok with it. If his game tanks as often happens around his age it will be brutal.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Remember the days of 'The Six Million Dollar Man'?

    Used to think that was an ungodly amount of money

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Remember the days of 'The Six Million Dollar Man'?

    Used to think that was an ungodly amount of money
    LOL. I watched a re-run of that show a few weeks ago. It was funny to think that back then, 6 Million seemed like enough to replace the guy's eye, arm and legs with bionics. Today, it doesn't even pay a QB's salary!

    It's also funny how bad the "special" effects were in that show compared to what we see today. At the time, it seemed perfectly acceptable.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    We paid a lot of money for Ben to grow out his beard.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    On an up note, we got more bang for lour buck with Ben than we did Brown

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    LOL. I watched a re-run of that show a few weeks ago. It was funny to think that back then, 6 Million seemed like enough to replace the guy's eye, arm and legs with bionics. Today, it doesn't even pay a QB's salary!

    It's also funny how bad the "special" effects were in that show compared to what we see today. At the time, it seemed perfectly acceptable.
    Nice Eich.... his bending steel bars was awesome.... like how did they do that?
    But my favorite was when he removed lug nuts with his bare hands, with the sound effects of an air ratchet playing..... oh my.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    What's gonna happen when Duck wins the SuperBowl this year?

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    What's gonna happen when Duck wins the SuperBowl this year?
    He becomes our Nick Foles?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •