Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Browns thoughts

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

After Browns thoughts

1) Steelers finished it. I am not refering to the t-shirt, but how the team rallied took the lead, and did not choke or give the game away. ( reference to SF and Ravens game)

2) Dupree and Watt and the front 7 are something special. Last week I wanted to compare Dupree to fool's gold. Looks really valuable, shines in the line light, but still question if there is value until tested. After 13 weeks of superb play I think he is proving he is gold with Watt.

3) Our young skilled players have arrived. Duck ( more on him later), Washington and Snell. Both of these guys are showing that they can step in and play at a high level. I can't wait to see Juju lined up across from Washington, having legit WRs is going to do wonders for the running game.

4) Duck, I want to say it, he looks legit. He just makes everyone look sooooo much better. The offense line looked strong in protection, It looked like he had all day. I am not even sure if he got pressured besides his fumble play. He delivers the ball where the WRs can make the play. Mason ball placement looked off, as if he was slow in reading where to throw and delivered his passes behind his WRs . ( they looked like they were getting set up to get killed)

5) TE sightings... I am not sure how many pass there were to TE but they were active.

6) Penelties, too many especially on the offensive side of the ball, but can that be due to infamiliarity of the players playing together.

7) Finley looked good and strong, makes me wonder if Pouncey is expendable next year ala Gilbert.

Not enough can be said about Tomlin, he is proving his worth. I am still critical of him growing as a coach, still does dumb clock management and in game calls.

9) Colbert, he quietly proving his deals and moves worth the $$$. ( ok Moncrief sucked) Trading for Nick to get a legit #2 TE, and getting Fitz. But the two new pick ups are why I am giving huge props. Whytt might have a significant role here as returner, and change of back. Cain looks like he has upside, did he out snap Holden?

10) Fitcher, I can't understand some of calls. Just like some posted this guy is still learning.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Backup

User Info Menu

Great post. I think Dupree is a must sign. This tandem remember the Harrison and Woodley times.
    Also like Duck. He seems so calm out there. I'm confidence with him. Only mistake not take the sack and eat 40 seconds on the last drive.
    Pouncey is more important that Gilbert last year, we haven't to lost him.
    Washington had his best game in the NFL. He's gonna be a great WR.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    still does dumb clock management and in game calls
    Admins, is there any way to just go ahead and add the above comment in parentheses any time I mention Tomlin from now on

For instance, "Merry Christmas Mike Tomlin (still does dumb clock management and in game calls)"
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I swear you guys and your need to bash Tomlin is hilarious.

Every compliment comes with twice the insults.

He’s been great this year but he still sucks at everything.

Legend

User Info Menu

i have zero complaints against Tomlin this year. In fact, I think this is his best work in his tenure as HC. I also think its worth noting that two very big distractions (AB, Bell) are not there.. Call it a coincidence? Thats a discussion for the off season perhaps. I do know this team seems more unified than they have been in recent memory... and Tomlin seems to be getting more with less.
    I predict we will have more wins this year than last... without AB and Ben. Quite an accomplishment

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeler George, nice work.

Finley's play is intriguing. I'd like to hear comments after the All-22 comes out this week, but damn, I can't say the OL missed a beat with Pouncey out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought Finley played for the Bungles

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I thought Finley played for the Bungles
    LOL.. Finney.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All good stuff.
    However I can't say i like the thought of over paying Dupree.
    Sure he's played very well but I think his production can be replaced.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    All good stuff.
    However I can't say i like the thought of over paying Dupree.
    Sure he's played very well but I think his production can be replaced.
    I dont like the price tag that is going to come with Dupree.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN