Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final 4 Games - Predictions?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Since we're tied with Tenn at 7-5 here is their last 4:

Tenn @ Oak
    Houston @ Tenn
    New O @ Tenn
    Tenn @ Houston

Whoever gets to 10-6 I have to believe takes it. Don't see anyone who is 6-6 ( Indi or Oak) running the table so imho it's us or the Titans for the 6 seed.
    they have Houston TWICE......... AND New Orleans. i don't see Tenn being better than 8-8.

colts (6-6) - Bucs, Saints, Panthers, Jags
    Raiders (6-6) - Titans, Jags, Chargers, Broncos
    Titans (7-5) - Raiders, Texans, Saints, Texans

Looking at their schedules (i left out home and away), but i see the raiders with the best chance of landing at 10-6. Those are beatable teams for a team that might feel like it's in "must win" mode...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We are in the danger zone now. The rest of the league is starting to notice that the Steelers are “hanging around” despite a ton of adversity. Tomlin is getting praise. The Duck is becoming a “story”. This is exactly when a team can lay an egg. I’m hoping the team is focused on one game at a time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    We are in the danger zone now. The rest of the league is starting to notice that the Steelers are “hanging around” despite a ton of adversity. Tomlin is getting praise. The Duck is becoming a “story”. This is exactly when a team can lay an egg. I’m hoping the team is focused on one game at a time.
    IS it even possible to lay an egg with this roster?

If anything I think losing a game is just us crashing back to reality.

I think we are playing above our talent level right now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You raise a good question but I would say that, yes, it’s possible even for this roster to lay an egg. Any time hopes are raised they can be dashed, even by an Arizona. In fact, AZ is a perfect trap game because it’s harder to take them seriously.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    This is where i am. I'd love 10 (with the only loss being to the Ravens) however, Buffalo could be a problem. Expect wins in the other 2 games...
    It looks like we get to 9 wins.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    It looks like we get to 9 wins.
    This is what I think too.

Hope we get some help on the out of town scoreboard
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    How do you see us finishing the final 4 games? The safest bet is probably 2-2.

Let's look at it game by game:

@ Arizona - They just got trounced by the Rams after a bye week. Seems like they're going to be fired up at home to get back on track. And if you look at the games they've lost, they've generally been competitive with some good opponents. No cake walk schedule. It's always hard traveling west and this week makes me a little nervous. AZ isn't as bad as their record.

vs Buffalo - Seems like Buffalo has done well this year but had a pretty easy schedule. I like this game at home, at night, and feel like this is very winnable. But it'll be a close game. Not to be overlooked, they play Baltimore the week before us. So will they be physically beat up? Or will they have lost and be playing for their playoff lives and uber focused to bounce back against us? Either way I don't think Buffalo is as good their record.

@ Jets - Another team playing Baltimore the week before they play us. In a way I kinda like that. Baltimore is typically physical and will be a tough game for just about everyone. In general, I think this is another team who's played an easy schedule and it worse than their 4-8 record. But they're also a lot like us. Good D and an awful O. But they've done it against a weak schedule, so I'm probably most confident about this game.

@ Baltimore - I think Baltimore and NE are going to enter the final week at 13-2 and Baltimore is going to be playing for HFA. But I'm not sure Baltimore wants HFA. Why? Because if we sneak into the playoffs and win our first game, we're heading to Baltimore again and I think we're their biggest threat in the playoffs. It'd be in their best interest to have us going to Foxboro and hopefully getting beat by NE. Not that they want to go play a road game in NE, but whatever, they matchup well against them. But that's too conspiracy theory for the Ravens. If it was NE, they'd probably tank against us, but Baltimore will give us their all. And it's probably a game that will come down to either 3 points either way or we'll lose by 40.

All in all. Every game is winnable. And every game is losable. The cool part is it's feeling like these remaining 4 games are going to feel a lot like playoff football.

Who's ready????
    I think Buffalo is gonna beat Baltimore this week at Buffalo. Arizona will be like another home game for us as probably 70% of the people in attendance will be Steeler fans.

I think Cleveland will beat the Ravens in Cleveland and Rats will beat the Jets... They'll be 11-4 going in to last game of season. We'll be probably 9-6 fighting for a WC spot.

As far as Pats go... I think they get beat on Sunday by KC, and I like Buffalo winning in Foxboro too. That puts Pats at 4 losses too. And Buffalo with 4 losses. Buffalo wins division??

Gonna be interesting..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    IS it even possible to lay an egg with this roster?

If anything I think losing a game is just us crashing back to reality.

I think we are playing above our talent level right now.
    Now look. This Duck ain't gonna lay an egg, unless its a golden one!.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Since we're tied with Tenn at 7-5 here is their last 4:

Tenn @ Oak
    Houston @ Tenn
    New O @ Tenn
    Tenn @ Houston

Whoever gets to 10-6 I have to believe takes it. Don't see anyone who is 6-6 ( Indi or Oak) running the table so imho it's us or the Titans for the 6 seed.
    Interesting. If Tenn win the two games against Hou, probably win the division and put them in trouble. Buffalo have a really tough schedule. If we win out we are 5 seed, possibly too with 3-1.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A prediction? Every single game will be a nail biter down to the end. 4-0, 0-4 and everything in between are equal possibilities. Thank goodness for alcohol.