Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Final 4 Games - Predictions?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think AFC record might matter.

I think the Titans have one more AFC loss than we do.

I think we're in if we win against Buffalo.

I think it will be close. Hopefully the home field advantage matters.

If we beat the Bills and the Jets, we might even be able to think about resting guys against the Rats.
    AFC record matters if you haven't played each other. That's exactly why 1 win locks us in compared to the Raiders & Colts, even if the raiders or colts win out.

If we beat the Bills and Jets, you're correct. Securing 10-wins would be do it.

HOWEVER, the Bills are 9-4 with their losses coming against the Pats, Ravens, Eagles and Browns. That's a GOOD football team. A record of 1-2 is entirely possible with the lone win being Jets.. That's the scenario that makes ya think, "What does 9-7 look like and can the Steelers get in with that record?"

Kinda why i started with "one win for us in the remaining 3". If we win only 1 (all 3 remaining are afc games, meaning 2 AFC losses) that could shake things up...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Here's a little tidbit that might make a lot of people happy. The Pats have not clinched a spot yet.
    If they lose out and end up 10-6, the Texans and the Titans end up 10-6, the Steelers and Buffalo end up 11-5, the Pats are out. Of course, they have Cincy and Miami on the schedule so they aren't losing but it's fun to see them not have everything wrapped up already.

Just an observation about TB12, he is beginning to show signs of declining skills or ability to process the game, you can see that the season is wearing on a 42 year old man and he's not the drop back, the back back foot plants and throw it guy that he has been in the past or even earlier this year. He took sacks that he would never have taken before. He actually had to run for a 1st down late in the game yesterday when they were trying to tie the game.

Pappy
    i think that's all a function of teams learning how to play them.... partly the reason we got so much speed on defense. you have to man up, you can't zone. i was encouraged that we started the game earlier this year with man-to-man on them, even if we didn't finish it that way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    AFC record matters if you haven't played each other. That's exactly why 1 win locks us in compared to the Raiders & Colts, even if the raiders or colts win out.

If we beat the Bills and Jets, you're correct. Securing 10-wins would be do it.

HOWEVER, the Bills are 9-4 with their losses coming against the Pats, Ravens, Eagles and Browns. That's a GOOD football team. A record of 1-2 is entirely possible with the lone win being Jets.. That's the scenario that makes ya think, "What does 9-7 look like and can the Steelers get in with that record?"

Kinda why i started with "one win for us in the remaining 3". If we win only 1 (all 3 remaining are afc games, meaning 2 AFC losses) that could shake things up...
    Agreed.

We're in control of our destiny, but we may be able to get in on tie breakers.

Good call including the Browns. If we tie with them, I think they'll beat us on division record*. Would have been much better for us if they lost this weekend.

*They already have a better division record than us and I assume we lose to Balt if they end up tied
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; Yesterday at 12:57 PM.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i think that's all a function of teams learning how to play them.... partly the reason we got so much speed on defense. you have to man up, you can't zone. i was encouraged that we started the game earlier this year with man-to-man on them, even if we didn't finish it that way.
    I don't think so as much any longer, they aren't the same team, the offense isn't moving at will, Brady is holding the ball longer, they need the defense to play well and they are 2-3 in their last 5 games. Now, it could be the caliber of opponent, Ravens, Eagles, Texans, Cowboys and Chiefs, but none the less, they have struggled offensively, 17.6 points per game, that is uncommon in the TB12 era.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Legend

User Info Menu

As much as I want to the Steelers to grab a win against BUF, having a real hard time seeing it. I don't think the Steelers have quite enough offense to overcome a really good defense. They put the clamps on BAL juggernaut O yesterday.
    Hodges will need to have a helluva game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We will beat the Bills by at least 10 points.

Home game, at night? We got this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    As much as I want to the Steelers to grab a win against BUF, having a real hard time seeing it. I don't think the Steelers have quite enough offense to overcome a really good defense. They put the clamps on BAL juggernaut O yesterday.
    Hodges will need to have a helluva game.
    The Bills offense is on par with the Steelers, Josh Allen, while running some RPO isn't Lamar Jackson and his passing accuracy is erratic. I think the Steelers defense has another real good day, giving Hodges short fields (which he needs right now), via 3 and outs or turnovers and the Steelers win this game, close but win it and all but lock up their playoff spot.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

home FINALE at that...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

That would be a significant accomplishment. I think it's possible.