Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Final 4 Games - Predictions?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    As much as I want to the Steelers to grab a win against BUF, having a real hard time seeing it. I don't think the Steelers have quite enough offense to overcome a really good defense. They put the clamps on BAL juggernaut O yesterday.
    Hodges will need to have a helluva game.
    I can't see us pulling this one out either.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As much as I want to the Steelers to grab a win against BUF, having a real hard time seeing it. I don't think the Steelers have quite enough offense to overcome a really good defense. They put the clamps on BAL juggernaut O yesterday.
    I wonder if any other team has a higher a percentage of points scored by Defense / ST than we do.

If we beat the Bills this week, I think it's because we get more points from not the offense. Scoring when their D is on the field will be tough.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I wonder if any other team has a higher a percentage of points scored by Defense / ST than we do.

If we beat the Bills this week, I think it's because we get more points from not the offense. Scoring when their D is on the field will be tough.
    Didn’t the Rats score on a punt or kick return last week?

Would be nice to see all 3 phases put up points this week for us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    As much as we can admire the season that the Bills are having - four losses to Baltimore, New England, Philly, Cleveland - who have they beaten?

Jets 5-8
    Giants 2-11
    Bengals 1-12
    Titans (before QB switch, 2-2 at the time) 8-5
    Dolphins 3-10
    Redskins 3-10
    Dolphins 3-10
    Broncos 5-8
    Cowboys 6-7

For those who complain about the Steeler victories, how about that?
    Good observation. In losing to Cleveland and Philly, but, Beating Dallas and Tenn, it sounds like they're right in that bunch of .500-ish teams... which is kinda where the Steelers are - Except the Steelers are at home. I make the Steelers a 1 point favorite
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2020 Draft
    2. Jake Fromm (trade up) - Smart, competitive QB falls to second round. Trade up and get this kid.
    TBD

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I watched some of the Bills/Ravens yesterday and do watch them sometimes as they are the local team here. Allen is not a passer. The D needs to contain his running opportunities. If the D keeps him in the pocket and forces him to play QB then it will severely limit his effectiveness.

Their D can be aggressive. I'm not sure why Fichtner hasn't utilized the old fashioned RB screen. It seems that good defenses are trying to get in Duck's face and rattle the rook. What better way to slow them down then to drop Duck back and let him soft toss it over the rushers, letting him run free with blockers in front of him?

As much as we can admire the season that the Bills are having - four losses to Baltimore, New England, Philly, Cleveland - who have they beaten?

Jets 5-8
    Giants 2-11
    Bengals 1-12
    Titans (before QB switch, 2-2 at the time) 8-5
    Dolphins 3-10
    Redskins 3-10
    Dolphins 3-10
    Broncos 5-8
    Cowboys 6-7

For those who complain about the Steeler victories, how about that?
    Exaaaactly.

Donít get me wrong. This Bills D seems legit but they havenít really been world beaters.

I think some folks keep waiting for that game to happen but I think the first Browns game was that game.

Now that our D can rest a little longer because our offense is starting to gel.. expect good things on Sunday night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Buffalo has had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and they haven't beaten anyone.

I watched their full game for the first time and I think their QB is gonna give the game away to Pittsburgh. I saw Allen get nervous in the pocket and throw up and be way off on a lot of throws.

Allen is really bad. He's got an 85 passer rating and 6.8 YPA. And don't worry about comparing ourselves to LJ. Even LJ has under 8 YPA. So while his stat line looks great, his running ability + Baltimore's running game sets him apart. He's still got work to do to be super successful and he's not consistently pushing the ball down the field either. I even think we still match up pretty well against Baltimore.

We'll be in better shape with Duck. Not a lot of track record yet, but he's got 8.5 YPA. The only 2 QBs that are higher are Stafford (8.6) and Tannehill (9.. This O might not look great, but don't sleep on these guys. Duck is completely different than Mason and we're going to start seeing it pay off soon.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who have we beaten?

You can only play the teams on your schedule.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I can't see us pulling this one out either.
    Depends on "Feetner" and his willingness to allow Duck to make plays.. Hes gotta open it up early

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Depends on "Feetner" and his willingness to allow Duck to make plays.. Hes gotta open it up early
    Part of me wants to see this.

Part of me is also terrified that early turnover sink us against a team with a very strong D.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Who have we beaten?

You can only play the teams on your schedule.
    True... but I think it also means the Bills aren’t as tough as their record indicates.

Anyone can get beat on any day but this idea that they are so tough it will be hard to beat them seems a little overblown. I think we have a great chance of winning this game.

I think Fitzmagic and company will have a few picks because Allen has a cannon but it’s not that accurate downfield.