Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A win like today is special

Starter

User Info Menu

I have been fairly critical of coach Tomlin in the past. My beef has been more on the talent evaluation of both he and Colbert.

I still stand by that, but I will also admit that coach Tomlin has showed me something that makes me admit he is a pretty damn good to great coach.

Consider this his team is down from less than 2 full season's ago.

A HOF QB with no solid backup in place

1st and 2nd WR (Brown and JJSS)
    1st and 2nd HB (Bell, Connor)
    A FB

And he has this team in contention.

Any doubters should play this game...pick any team out there right now and remove those losses from their team.

Not many, if any would have a whiff of the playoffs.

Look, again some of it is his own making, but that doesn't take any what has been done away from Coach Tomlin.

Brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I wouldn’t argue with that.

Btw, fan reactions

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ken-carman...browns-loss-to
    If you want even more entertainment, Google Cleveland Browns Forums and have a hey day reading some those comments...lol

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    I have been fairly critical of coach Tomlin in the past. My beef has been more on the talent evaluation of both he and Colbert.

I still stand by that, but I will also admit that coach Tomlin has showed me something that makes me admit he is a pretty damn good to great coach.

Consider this his team is down from less than 2 full season's ago.

A HOF QB with no solid backup in place

1st and 2nd WR (Brown and JJSS)
    1st and 2nd HB (Bell, Connor)
    A FB

And he has this team in contention.

Any doubters should play this game...pick any team out there right now and remove those losses from their team.

Not many, if any would have a whiff of the playoffs.

Look, again some of it is his own making, but that doesn't take any what has been done away from Coach Tomlin.

Brothervad
    This is my beef with people who say Tomlin isn’t a good coach because he doesn’t do anything special.

Dude is a motivator of young men. He isn’t Billicheck but who is? ..and look how the Pats look without talent on offense lately. It hasn’t been anything special.

Not saying our offense is doing much but we are finding ways to win with practice squad players.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Great day indeed!

Tomlin is coaching his ass off. I still hate his game clock management and in game calls, but he keeps proving his worth.

Also have to give props to Colbert, those 2 trades (#2TE Nick V. and of course Fitz) and signing off waivers Whytt and Cain seem to eliminated our apparent weaknesses.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Great day indeed!

Tomlin is coaching his ass off. I still hate his game clock management and in game calls, but he keeps proving his worth.

Also have to give props to Colbert, those 2 trades (#2TE Nick V. and of course Fitz) and signing off waivers Whytt and Cain seem to eliminated our apparent weaknesses.
    The Bush trade too. Colbert did a very good job building the roster this year (although I didn't like the Ben extension).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    This is my beef with people who say Tomlin isn’t a good coach because he doesn’t do anything special.

Dude is a motivator of young men. He isn’t Billicheck but who is? ..and look how the Pats look without talent on offense lately. It hasn’t been anything special.

Not saying our offense is doing much but we are finding ways to win with practice squad players.
    Browns media talked today about the lack of 'want it' by the Browns in this game. Said it was very clear by halftime that PIT's HC instilled something in his players that Kitchen wasn't able to.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

Like most NFL coaches, Tomlin has that which he does well, and that which he doesn't. No problem recognizing both. I just found it funny that there was a thread earlier in the year asking if there was anything he did well. Ummm.....the guy has been the head coach of one of the most successful teams in the league since 2007 with a 65% winning percentage but can't do one thing well. Dude has his faults...quite a few as have been pointed out, but he doesn't do "nothing well".