Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 100

Thread: Love the win, Tomlin is cocky

  1. #41
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    We are NOT fine at running back. I wouldn’t spend I a high draft pick on one but I would definitely look for a legit upgrade in FA.

    Snell could be something special but Conner is unreliable and Samuels has regressed IMO.

    I like Whyte tho.
    we should do everything we can to try and get Le'Veon and his 3.2 ypc back...

  2. #42
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we should do everything we can to try and get Le'Veon and his 3.2 ypc back...
    Haha... I would love to get him back as long as he doesn’t bring any of the Jet fuel with him.

  3. #43
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I wouldn’t draft a RB but I would prefer a known quantity if needed. I do t want a “let’s hope he works out” when Conner goes down.
    I think we have an average to above average starter (Conner), a potential find (Snell), and a guy with good versatility (Samuels). All three have shown that they can be starts in a pinch.

    I think the problems have been (1) we haven't been able to pass the ball, so running is harder, and (2) all three have been hurt at overlapping times this year and we had to replace them with practice squad guys.

    I'm not ready to give up on any of these three guys, and I'm not willing to pay the cap hit of a proven starter. If we went with a cheap RB, I don't think it would really be an upgrade and we'd be taking development time away from guys we already have.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  4. #44
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Haha... I would love to get him back as long as he doesn’t bring any of the Jet fuel with him.
    I think Bell's days as an elite back are over.

    If we could get him cheap, I think he'd be a good guy in pass pro and maybe still as a receiving option. But, I don't think he's a guy who can carry an offense anymore. We ran the wheels of him.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  5. #45
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Steelers won't release Tuitt or Heyward, both will be starters next year.
    I don't think so either, but if they do it will 100% not be a healthy Tuitt. Not only do I not think that either is moved out but I think the team finds a way to re-sign Dupree as well. There are several roster spots that will be made available but I doubt it will be at DE.

    I don't have the time to look but I posted awhile ago but pretty much guaranteed cuts are:

    Barron $5.25M savings - expendable due to Bush
    Chick $5M savings - 2020 number was based on him either becoming a starter or not. He is not.
    Foster $4M savings - was brought back on a two-year deal that (I believe) was just supposed to be one year but spread out cap hit over two.

    There is $14.25M (to add to the existing probable $5.5M) on three simple moves and just getting warmed up. There is money if needed.

  6. #46
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I don't think so either, but if they do it will 100% not be a healthy Tuitt. Not only do I not think that either is moved out but I think the team finds a way to re-sign Dupree as well. There are several roster spots that will be made available but I doubt it will be at DE.

    I don't have the time to look but I posted awhile ago but pretty much guaranteed cuts are:

    Barron $5.25M savings - expendable due to Bush
    Chick $5M savings - 2020 number was based on him either becoming a starter or not. He is not.
    Foster $4M savings - was brought back on a two-year deal that (I believe) was just supposed to be one year but spread out cap hit over two.

    There is $14.25M (to add to the existing probable $5.5M) on three simple moves and just getting warmed up. There is money if needed.
    That's great news. There are a couple of areas we can really use that money.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  7. #47
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think Bell's days as an elite back are over.

    If we could get him cheap, I think he'd be a good guy in pass pro and maybe still as a receiving option. But, I don't think he's a guy who can carry an offense anymore. We ran the wheels of him.
    He would never agree to it...His ego and his overly high standard of himself is actually comical...He still THINKS he's one of the best RB's in the league lol

  8. #48
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    TE " Stud " 2nd round, RB " hope Stud " 3rd round and let's go!

  9. #49
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    TE " Stud " 2nd round, RB " hope Stud " 3rd round and let's go!
    With all due respect, this draft does not have a TE with a 1st round grade, and those that may be 2nd rounders all have one or two big holes in their games. The closest TE that comes to what we are looking for is A. Trautman from Dayton. He is likely a 4th or 5th rounder, and a bit of a sleeper, but I can see him being a solid blocking and receiving TE in a year or two (and maybe even starting caliber).

    To get a stud RB at 3 that is better than the mix we have is unlikely. The drop off after Taylor, Etienne and Swift is steep, according to what you like. I have a big man crush on Clyde Edwards-Helaire from LSU and he may be there in the 3rd (we’ll be picking late with a Supplemental pick, remember), but given our likely needs after the FA shopping spree, I’ll doubt we’ll spend that high a pick on an RB. A 6th or 7th round flyer on JJ Taylor of Arizona May be more likely if we are looking for a short but powerful scatback/change of pace guy.

    That said, if I start the season with Connor, Samuels, Snell and K. White as my backfield I feel like I’ve got a pretty good group for not a lot of money. If the QB and OL do their jobs, these guys will be more than adequate.

  10. #50
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    That said, if I start the season with Connor, Samuels, Snell and K. White as my backfield I feel like I’ve got a pretty good group for not a lot of money. If the QB and OL do their jobs, these guys will be more than adequate.
    Can Snell play FB? Then we wouldnt need Nix either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •