Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Love the win, Tomlin is cocky

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Tomlin has a right to be cocky. What he has done to navigate through this season's injuries has been masterful. And that includes being handicapped with an OC that seems to be learning on the job.

Tomlin is doing hell of a job keeping this team competitive. ( I will add Colbert as well for making those deals to sure up our weak spots Safety and #2 TE)

Very true with what you are saying about the OC... he is still learning, but will give him a pass especially with all the players missing through out the season... Ben, Conner, Juju, Pouncey, Foster, Moncrief( he was missing from get go). Add in the players available failed him by fumbles, drops, and interceptions. I think as Duck settles in more , and key players start returning the O is going to compliment the D at the right time.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yeah, our front 7 is very good. Lot of questions thou on what we are going to do with Dupree. Pay him or replace him? Don't even want to think about all the questions on offense we need to go through.
    My opinion, they need to keep the defense intact...even at the expense of the offense. No way the Steelers win this many games without that D. And the offense has a lot of holes to fill that might not get filled in one offseason.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    My opinion, they need to keep the defense intact...even at the expense of the offense. No way the Steelers win this many games without that D. And the offense has a lot of holes to fill that might not get filled in one offseason.
    I agree the defense needs to be kept intact.. really no huge decisions to be made on offense for this coming year.. The following year is a different story (Juju, Conner, etc). Id actually try to extend Conner at the end of this year... while hes coming off of a down year. Should be able to get him for very reasonable. Yea i know its a gamble but it always is with RBs. I really like the backfield of Conner, Samuels, Snell, and maybe the new guy (change of pace speedster). He looks to be a guy who may unseat Switzer.. has some flash in kick ret game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I agree the defense needs to be kept intact.. really no huge decisions to be made on offense for this coming year.. The following year is a different story (Juju, Conner, etc). Id actually try to extend Conner at the end of this year... while hes coming off of a down year. Should be able to get him for very reasonable. Yea i know its a gamble but it always is with RBs. I really like the backfield of Conner, Samuels, Snell, and maybe the new guy (change of pace speedster). He looks to be a guy who may unseat Switzer.. has some flash in kick ret game.
    Donít you think that maybe we need an upgrade over Conner & Samuels? A guy we could build our offense around? Snell is a fine 3rd guy but if we got a beast back there, it would make everybody around him better.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 12-02-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we are fine at running back

i also think snell may make that 2nd year transformation we saw with bell, and Connor to a certain degree

no need for any additions, imo

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    It would not be surprising if we trade or release Tuitt, or another high profile player to pay the man.
    FWIW It will not be Tuitt - provided he is healthy and returning in '20. Releasing or trading Tuitt will cost almost $18M against the cap, thus meaning that there would not be a cap savings but an extra almost $3M cap hit. Doing it post June 1 would save $9M against the cap but incur a dead cap hit of almost $12M the following year.

Cutting/trading Heyward saves $9.5M and is only a dead cap hit of around $3.7M. If they are cutting a lineman to save cap money then he is unfortunately your guy. Would you rather keep Heyward over Tuitt? Perhaps. But with that kind of discrepancy it ain't happening.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    FWIW It will not be Tuitt - provided he is healthy and returning in '20. Releasing or trading Tuitt will cost almost $18M against the cap, thus meaning that there would not be a cap savings but an extra almost $3M cap hit. Doing it post June 1 would save $9M against the cap but incur a dead cap hit of almost $12M the following year.

Cutting/trading Heyward saves $9.5M and is only a dead cap hit of around $3.7M. If they are cutting a lineman to save cap money then he is unfortunately your guy. Would you rather keep Heyward over Tuitt? Perhaps. But with that kind of discrepancy it ain't happening.
    the Steelers won't release Tuitt or Heyward, both will be starters next year.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Obviously we are not fine at RB. Every one of them has been hurt at some point this season. It has become a big problem with Conner. I think we need a free agent stud RB to take up the hole that Bell left behind since we used our #1 pick on Fitzpatrick. Which was an AWESOME deal. If the Oline we have is not kept intact Conner will never be worth a damn. I wish we could have gotten Mark Ingram instead of Baltimore stealing him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I think we are fine at running back

i also think snell may make that 2nd year transformation we saw with bell, and Connor to a certain degree

no need for any additions, imo
    Agree with this. Id rather invest that pick in the offensive line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lvsteelersfan View Post
    Obviously we are not fine at RB. Every one of them has been hurt at some point this season. It has become a big problem with Conner. I think we need a free agent stud RB to take up the hole that Bell left behind since we used our #1 pick on Fitzpatrick. Which was an AWESOME deal. If the Oline we have is not kept intact Conner will never be worth a damn. I wish we could have gotten Mark Ingram instead of Baltimore stealing him.
    a 3 yr 15 million dollar deal was definitely stealing ingram. In terms of acquiring a FA stud RB.. it wont be cheap.. so its basicially a choice of that or losing a key piece on defense