Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Steelers vs Stains - game day

  1. #61
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    His slow start was based on a very predictable 1st and 2nd down run (against an Amped up defense) and was placed into a 3rd a long (obvious passing down) in which they brought pressure.

    Once they allowed him to start making plays... he made them. Hell of a game by the undrafted Rook
    Hodges is showing something and the ability to adjust. He has areas to grow in but I think he can get better. Let’s give him a couple more games and look at him again
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  2. #62
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Washington has been the leading WR for the Steelers 4 weeks running...

  3. #63
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Really bad week for Tomlin-haters. All they have as a morsel is that 3rd down call. Otherwise, humiliation.

  4. #64
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Hodges is showing something and the ability to adjust. He has areas to grow in but I think he can get better. Let’s give him a couple more games and look at him again
    oh absolutely. If you consider the fact that the dude was initially deemed unworthy of the practice squad.. sitting on the couch earlier in the year.. zero first team reps when he was in camp... to limited 1st team reps when MR was named the starter.. to leading us to 3 wins and playing solid football as a rookie.

    I really like the kid. With time and development we may be on to something.

  5. #65
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Really bad week for Tomlin-haters. All they have as a morsel is that 3rd down call. Otherwise, humiliation.
    The Browns are loaded with individual talent on offense while the Steelers are winning with a skeleton crew of backups on offense. You have to credit Tomlin for getting this no name roster to play and win as a team.

  6. #66
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    The Browns are loaded with individual talent on offense while the Steelers are winning with a skeleton crew of backups on offense. You have to credit Tomlin for getting this no name roster to play and win as a team.
    I agree with this and we should. But I also don’t think we should say this ends the debate. One of tomlins strengths is facing adversity and rising to the challenge. This entire season has played to his greatest coaching gift. But I don’t think this season has been a referendum on refuting some of the deficiencies many here see. Rather than rehash those however, I just want to enjoy yesterday, 7-5 and some optimism for the last 4 games.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  7. #67
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    The debate is silly. While we can always question in game decisions I think the debate of moving on from him or being a fraud have been put to rest.

    The guy wins a lot more than he loses. Most detractors had us picking in the top 5 after Ben went down.

  8. #68
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Really bad week for Tomlin-haters. All they have as a morsel is that 3rd down call. Otherwise, humiliation.
    Wonder if SM is rethinking the Tomlin will be fired at the end of the year prediction / guarantee...
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  9. #69
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    oh absolutely. If you consider the fact that the dude was initially deemed unworthy of the practice squad.. sitting on the couch earlier in the year.. zero first team reps when he was in camp... to limited 1st team reps when MR was named the starter.. to leading us to 3 wins and playing solid football as a rookie.

    I really like the kid. With time and development we may be on to something.
    Gonna be fun. I could see him having a blow up game against the Cardinals. The Cardinals looked pretty bad against the Rams.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •