Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Steelers vs Stains - game day

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    His slow start was based on a very predictable 1st and 2nd down run (against an Amped up defense) and was placed into a 3rd a long (obvious passing down) in which they brought pressure.

Once they allowed him to start making plays... he made them. Hell of a game by the undrafted Rook
    Hodges is showing something and the ability to adjust. He has areas to grow in but I think he can get better. Let’s give him a couple more games and look at him again

Legend

User Info Menu

Washington has been the leading WR for the Steelers 4 weeks running...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Really bad week for Tomlin-haters. All they have as a morsel is that 3rd down call. Otherwise, humiliation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Hodges is showing something and the ability to adjust. He has areas to grow in but I think he can get better. Let’s give him a couple more games and look at him again
    oh absolutely. If you consider the fact that the dude was initially deemed unworthy of the practice squad.. sitting on the couch earlier in the year.. zero first team reps when he was in camp... to limited 1st team reps when MR was named the starter.. to leading us to 3 wins and playing solid football as a rookie.

I really like the kid. With time and development we may be on to something.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Really bad week for Tomlin-haters. All they have as a morsel is that 3rd down call. Otherwise, humiliation.
    The Browns are loaded with individual talent on offense while the Steelers are winning with a skeleton crew of backups on offense. You have to credit Tomlin for getting this no name roster to play and win as a team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    The Browns are loaded with individual talent on offense while the Steelers are winning with a skeleton crew of backups on offense. You have to credit Tomlin for getting this no name roster to play and win as a team.
    I agree with this and we should. But I also don’t think we should say this ends the debate. One of tomlins strengths is facing adversity and rising to the challenge. This entire season has played to his greatest coaching gift. But I don’t think this season has been a referendum on refuting some of the deficiencies many here see. Rather than rehash those however, I just want to enjoy yesterday, 7-5 and some optimism for the last 4 games.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The debate is silly. While we can always question in game decisions I think the debate of moving on from him or being a fraud have been put to rest.

The guy wins a lot more than he loses. Most detractors had us picking in the top 5 after Ben went down.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Wonder if SM is rethinking the Tomlin will be fired at the end of the year prediction / guarantee...

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    oh absolutely. If you consider the fact that the dude was initially deemed unworthy of the practice squad.. sitting on the couch earlier in the year.. zero first team reps when he was in camp... to limited 1st team reps when MR was named the starter.. to leading us to 3 wins and playing solid football as a rookie.

I really like the kid. With time and development we may be on to something.
    Gonna be fun. I could see him having a blow up game against the Cardinals. The Cardinals looked pretty bad against the Rams.