Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Starting versus Cleveland

Legend

User Info Menu

Duck Starting versus Cleveland

Per Tomlin. No real surprise considering the struggles of Rudolph.

Legend

User Info Menu

Feels like the right call.

Something with MR isn't right now. Maybe it gets better, and maybe not. I'd imagine that playing in Cle again for him wouldn't go super well.

Duck's got his own issues, but I think he probably gives us a better chance to win this weekend. In a game that's pretty important if we want a chance at a playoff birth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Seems like a sound decision. Duck was pedestrian but solid against the bolts, but has made some good plays and certainly doesn’t seem overwhelmed. Mason just hasn’t made the strides many such as myself expected. I would love to see a breakout game for Hodges (who wouldn’t) but a mistake free game, 17-20 points may be enough to end the browns season.

Here’s hoping.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, Steeler fans go and buy a cheap Duck call and take it to the game and call the Duck out of the locker room with a Duck call and use it during the game as well!

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’m ready for the Paxton Lynch era to begin.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I’m ready for the return of the Ben era.

The Steelers roster is void of any good QBs. Tomlin didn’t exactly give a glowing evaluation of why Duck is the starter. He basically said he expects Hodges “not to kill us”. That doesn’t scream confidence.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Ok, Steeler fans go and buy a cheap Duck call and take it to the game and call the Duck out of the locker room with a Duck call and use it during the game as well!

Pappy
    LOL. That's a great idea. Someone should get Heinz to hand out free duck calls for the game! Imagine 60k+ duck calls going. That would sound amazing!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Is this sarcasm?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Feels like the right call.

Something with MR isn't right now. Maybe it gets better, and maybe not. I'd imagine that playing in Cle again for him wouldn't go super well.

Duck's got his own issues, but I think he probably gives us a better chance to win this weekend. In a game that's pretty important if we want a chance at a playoff birth.
    I think MR is better QB and better long time choice too, maybe it's only my perception, but I'm more relaxed right now with Duck.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

"We met as a staff, and we decided we're going to start Duck this week," said Tomlin. "And really the decision is clear to us."