Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Duck Starting versus Cleveland

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    LOL. That's a great idea. Someone should get Heinz to hand out free duck calls for the game! Imagine 60k+ duck calls going. That would sound amazing!
    I know, that's why I posted it. Hopefully, someone here is either an entrepreneur or has 60,000 duck calls laying around.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.18 - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama
    2.49 -
    4.114 -
    4.117 -
    6.179 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    So turkey on Thursday and Duck on Sunday
    Throw in some chicken on Saturday and have Turducken.

Pappy

2.49 -
    4.114 -
    4.117 -
    6.179 -

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let's just hope the Browns don't feast on Duck this Sunday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I know, that's why I posted it. Hopefully, someone here is either an entrepreneur or has 60,000 duck calls laying around.

Pappy
    Terry Bradshaw was the backup QB behind Phil Robertson @ LA Tech. Phil's the guy that started Duck Commander which is a multi million $ business making duck calls. Coincidence?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Terry Bradshaw was the backup QB behind Phil Robertson @ LA Tech. Phil's the guy that started Duck Commander which is a multi million $ business making duck calls. Coincidence?
    I think not...

Pappy

2.49 -
    4.114 -
    4.117 -
    6.179 -

Backup

User Info Menu

I turned on NFL network briefly Tuesday. The big ear guy was talking onNFL Now I believe with somebody I did not know. Any way he said he was having conversation with the safety from Ravens, Thomas. He ask Thomas about backup QBs this year and Thomas said they were all about the same, except the one guy in Pittsburgh who came in late. He said while the game was on he thought to himself, Damn this kid is playing to win, not just survive. So there is a small bite of what DH has brought. The kid has moxie, and QBs need that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They were calling him “ass quack” earlier. Or maybe it was “quack ass.” I don’t know which is better. As long as he doesn’t go all racial like Rudolph did, we should bash the Browns well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    I turned on NFL network briefly Tuesday. The big ear guy was talking onNFL Now I believe with somebody I did not know. Any way he said he was having conversation with the safety from Ravens, Thomas. He ask Thomas about backup QBs this year and Thomas said they were all about the same, except the one guy in Pittsburgh who came in late. He said while the game was on he thought to himself, Damn this kid is playing to win, not just survive. So there is a small bite of what DH has brought. The kid has moxie, and QBs need that.
    That’s an odd quote. We were losing or in a dog fight. Of course Duck was trying to win.

Only back up who didn’t look like he wanted to win that I watched was the Jets 3rd stringer. That dude looked like he never planned to actually play football.

He was cut real quick too once Darnold came back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    That’s an odd quote. We were losing or in a dog fight. Of course Duck was trying to win.

Only back up who didn’t look like he wanted to win that I watched was the Jets 3rd stringer. That dude looked like he never planned to actually play football.

He was cut real quick too once Darnold came back.
    I think what he is saying is the DH had a little something different than other backup quarterbacks, he wasn't playing not to lose but actually trying to make plays to win the game. I think by and large, many backups (save for the top 4 or 5) are just trying not to screw it up but DH came in and didn't care f he made mistakes, he was going to try and make plays.

Pappy

2.49 -
    4.114 -
    4.117 -
    6.179 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Throw in some chicken on Saturday and have Turducken.

Pappy
    Ha sounds good to me

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.