Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Ravens are a problem

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I mean his own fans were booing him last year in the playoff game when he had like 3 completion thru 3 quarters of play and this year the morons start chanting M V PEEEE after a few good games this year
    They will revert back to U R Peeee later.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I honestly expect Kansas City to peak at the right time. There are signs that they are coming back. I think the Ratbirds will falter at some point and Brady looks like absolute crap this season. The chances the Steelers could beat any of them in a playoff situation is slim and none. I would be amazed if they hang onto that wild card spot. But I like their defense. The number one thing they need next year is a running back. Conner is a decent backup but he is too fragile to be a full time starter. Unfortunately with our number one pick gone they need to go to free agency for that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    If sounding smart were indicative of QB success, Bradshaw would not be a HOFer.
    true, but ever hear terry call a game in the booth? he definitely has football smarts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    They will revert back to U R Peeee later.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

maybe we'll face them 2 more times in baltimore with a win on wildcard weekend

how awesome would that be knocking them out of the playoffs when they're the favorites to win it

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe we'll face them 2 more times in baltimore with a win on wildcard weekend

how awesome would that be knocking them out of the playoffs when they're the favorites to win it
    It would be justice considering how they came to Pittsburgh as a wildcard a few years ago and knocked us out the playoffs.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Worst thing a good team can do is face a division rival a third time in the playoffs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lamar Jackson 14/23 105
    thats his stats for today. 3.9 yards per attempt before the last drive in the game (11-20 at that point)
    that's his 4th/5th game with shoddy passing stats like that

he is far from an "elite" thrower.

meanwhile in the rain Garrapolo passed at nearly a 70% clip. where the weather should effect the better thrower.

after today i'm more confident they won't make it out of the AFC. 2nd time around belichick is going to eat that up.

just have to hope an NFC takes out the patsy's in the super bowl
    I can't believe you guys are so down on LJ. He will be a pain in our ass for a long time to come. I work with a Raven's fan and he said that Jackson has worked very hard on his throwing during the off-season and it shows. The guy has 2 games this season with a perfect QB rating … 158.3 if I remember correctly. The last guy to do this was a QB named Roethlisberger. Sure, he has some bad games throwing the ball. All young QBs do coming into the league. Look at Ben in 2005

vs Indy 17 of 26 for 133 yards with 1 TD and 2 Ints - 58.7 QB rating
    vs Detroit 7 of 16 for 135 yards with 0 TD and 2 Ints - 34.1 QB rating
    and finally the Super Bowl
    vs Seattle 9 of 21 for 123 yards with 0 TD and 2 Ints - 22.6 QB rating

Like I said, all QBs have bad games but for the most part LJ has been impressive passing this year and his running is incredible. It's very rare that I've seen the guy get hit hard. He has a unique ability to avoid that crushing hit. I definitely would have rather had him on the team instead of Terrell Edmunds.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I can't believe you guys are so down on LJ. He will be a pain in our ass for a long time to come. I work with a Raven's fan and he said that Jackson has worked very hard on his throwing during the off-season and it shows. The guy has 2 games this season with a perfect QB rating … 158.3 if I remember correctly. The last guy to do this was a QB named Roethlisberger. Sure, he has some bad games throwing the ball. All young QBs do coming into the league. Look at Ben in 2005

vs Indy 17 of 26 for 133 yards with 1 TD and 2 Ints - 58.7 QB rating
    vs Detroit 7 of 16 for 135 yards with 0 TD and 2 Ints - 34.1 QB rating
    and finally the Super Bowl
    vs Seattle 9 of 21 for 123 yards with 0 TD and 2 Ints - 22.6 QB rating

Like I said, all QBs have bad games but for the most part LJ has been impressive passing this year and his running is incredible. It's very rare that I've seen the guy get hit hard. He has a unique ability to avoid that crushing hit. I definitely would have rather had him on the team instead of Terrell Edmunds.
    I think people don’t want to believe it because it’s a scary thought.

People will use stats all day long when it works I’m their favorite but the bottom line is LJ is balling out right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

He might be balling but people are questioning sustainability.
    Lots of QBs flash for a year, then come back to earth once their weaknesses are found.

I still say the Steelers defense matches up well with them.