Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haden

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haden

Surprised I havenít seen his name mentioned much and Iím interested in other observations.

I think Joe is having a down year (by his standards). Iím not prepared to say his play has dropped off, but I think our secondary is much improved and whereas in previous years he was the target avoided, teams are definitely targeting him now.

That double move he missed yesterday and the TD were both awful.

Still very good, but concerning to me nonetheless.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

You do realize he leads the team in passes defensed. When a CB is put on an island like he was on the play you mentioned you will see that happen. I still think he is a solid CB.

Unfortunately I think he has been working with Ike Taylor and should have like 4 INTs but can't catch a cold.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You do realize he leads the team in passes defensed. When a CB is put on an island like he was on the play you mentioned you will see that happen. I still think he is a solid CB.

Unfortunately I think he has been working with Ike Taylor and should have like 4 INTs but can't catch a cold.
    I do. That’s why I said at the outset I believe he is very good. I’m just interested in other points of view and my theory his play hasn’t declined, the play around him has improved and it’s skewing perception.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Even the best CB’s get best from time to time.

He bit on the double love but thank goodness the throw was off.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Even the best CB’s get best from time to time.

He bit on the double love but thank goodness the throw was off.
    You mean Thank Goodness he grabbed him??
    He took a gamble on an inexperienced CB and lost but took the Spot Foul instead of the Long Play.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rod woodson got burnt on a few double-moves in his day. It's a function of being in their grill and basically the only way a WR can get open against a good DB... Joe's fine.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2020 Draft
    2. Jake Fromm (trade up) - Smart, competitive QB falls to second round. Trade up and get this kid.
    TBD

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    You mean Thank Goodness he grabbed him??
    He took a gamble on an inexperienced CB and lost but took the Spot Foul instead of the Long Play.
    we are thinking of different plays.

Gaden hot beat on 2 different double moves. First on he grabbed the guy.. the other he got beat but the throw sailed out of bounds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    we are thinking of different plays.

Gaden hot beat on 2 different double moves. First on he grabbed the guy.. the other he got beat but the throw sailed out of bounds.
    dude you are killin me.. whats with all of this "Double Love" and "Gaden"???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    dude you are killin me.. whats with all of this "Double Love" and "Gaden"???
    Man. I think my iphone is trying to force me to upgrade.

The amount of auto corrections that screw up text is alarming.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He was in 1/3 coverage there. Zone D where he didn't have to bite on the inside move that he saw there. Should he have made the play yes of course. Im sure he's going to say the same thing. Sometimes you don't make the play. Not every pass AB caught was because the DB wasn't good. Thought his man under coverage was vg he even had a few shots at possible int's.
    CB play from Hilton n Nelson all quality performances yesterday imho.