Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudolf's Stats - Ranking

Backup

User Info Menu

MR's pocket awareness is just non-existent and he generally exudes zero confidence. After what all has transpired in the past 10 days, he has to be mentally destroyed right now. Go with the hot hand. Duck really didn't do much outside of the TD to Washington, but there's something there that isn't with MR. Duck should get the call v. CLE.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    QBR - #32 - 80.3
    YPA - #33 - 6.2

Those stats are what they are, but clearly show, he's not a legit #1 yet.

By comparison, Gardner Minshew has a QBR of 92.8 and 7.4 YPA. Is Jax really that much better Offensively than us? This is a kid that went undrafted. And he looks a lot better than MR.

The rules are slanted toward the O. This league is set up for QBs to come in a be successful.

Can MR ever be good enough?
    No WRs and no RBs. I'm surprised his number are that good.

Bash MR all we want, but he has had no supporting cast

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    MR's pocket awareness is just non-existent and he generally exudes zero confidence. After what all has transpired in the past 10 days, he has to be mentally destroyed right now. Go with the hot hand. Duck really didn't do much outside of the TD to Washington, but there's something there that isn't with MR. Duck should get the call v. CLE.
    I still have more faith in MR than Duck. Duck just seems to play playground ball.

Fichtner is the problem. Quit running into 8 in the box and putting us behind the chains. All that does is allow teams to tee off on MR on third and long.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I still have more faith in MR than Duck. Duck just seems to play playground ball.

Fichtner is the problem. Quit running into 8 in the box and putting us behind the chains. All that does is allow teams to tee off on MR on third and long.
    I don’t. I tried to give Mason the benefit but the kid doesn’t move in the pocket which leads to more and more 50/50 balls underneath.

How many times does he have to get hit on the arm while throwing before realizing he needs to break the pocket?

Until his internal clock is recalibrated we are going to see the same old same old with Mason and we don’t have the luxury to wait for him to get it right if we are trying to make a push for the playoffs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

so does mahomes.

not that he's on THAT level, but a lot of QBs have been successful doing it (Favre, Tarkenton... hell Ben does to an extent)
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2020 Draft
    2. Jake Fromm (trade up) - Smart, competitive QB falls to second round. Trade up and get this kid.
    TBD

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    so does mahomes.

not that he's on THAT level, but a lot of QBs have been successful doing it (Favre, Tarkenton... hell Ben does to an extent)
    The difference is that the guys you mentioned have world class NFL arms...Duck doesn't

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The difference is that the guys you mentioned have world class NFL arms...Duck doesn't
    again, he's not THAT level. but, you can still be successful playing that way... you just have to have the legs to give yourself time... Russell Wilson is a good example - now he's super smart, but doesn't have a cannon...

2020 Draft
    2. Jake Fromm (trade up) - Smart, competitive QB falls to second round. Trade up and get this kid.
    TBD

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No WRs and no RBs. I'm surprised his number are that good.

Bash MR all we want, but he has had no supporting cast
    His supporting cast is fine. I seem to remember people saying our wr and rb corp was deep.
    Drafting Snell and Johnson were great picks. Adding them to the great picks of Washington and Samuels. I heard hat lots of good players won't make the 53.
    The Vannett trade was pure genius. Some called him Heath 2.0 while others claimed he was better than Jesse.
    So either we really need Ben, our coaches can't coach up the guys we have or those fans were wrong about those picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think arm strength is the be all end all. But it makes it easier to cover up poor play.

Guys like Brees and Brady have decent but not great arms and they make it work. But they do the little things better than others.

I put Duck in that category where he makes quick decisions and gets the ball out quick. And those things make up for lack of arm strength.

From what I've seen, I do think Duck has an above average arm. Mason on the other hand make me nervous when he floats some balls out there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I don't think arm strength is the be all end all. But it makes it easier to cover up poor play.

Guys like Brees and Brady have decent but not great arms and they make it work. But they do the little things better than others.

I put Duck in that category where he makes quick decisions and gets the ball out quick. And those things make up for lack of arm strength.

From what I've seen, I do think Duck has an above average arm. Mason on the other hand make me nervous when he floats some balls out there.
    Agreeing with Flip. I think time and growth could be good for Duck - not saying that he's an all-pro or anything, but, where he is NOW is "a better NFL QB than mason NOW".

2020 Draft
    TBD