Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rudolf's Stats - Ranking

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

MR has 1 TD and 4 Interceptions in his last 2 games. At some point he has to own his awfulness. Stop with the excuses. Landry Jones was a 1st ballot HOF guy compared to what we are currently watching and Jones got crucified here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    MR has 1 TD and 4 Interceptions in his last 2 games. At some point he has to own his awfulness. Stop with the excuses. Landry Jones was a 1st ballot HOF guy compared to what we are currently watching and Jones got crucified here.
    Come on....maybe not first ballot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Interesting? Not really.
    It's not too hard to go back and read the threads and see who liked/loved the picks or trades but are now crying about no talent/support.
    Itís the draft. Of course people will love or hate a pick and end up right or wrong. Itís a crap shoot.

You seem to be the only one on here who thinks everyone likes every pick this they canít complain once a pick doesnít pan out or takes longer to develop.

Nothing wrong with pointing out some folks were wrong but at least name names instead of trying to paint everyone in the same light.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Yes, because we had Ben for the last 10 years....

But the players around the QB weren't always that great. We had guys like Hartwig, Kemo, and Essex compared to our ProBowl line of today. We've had Mendy and Carey Davis as our starting backfield in 09. In some years, Hines was our best WR and Juju is comparable. Is Heath that much better than Vance? I know the stats don't compare, but I think they can put up similar numbers.

Sure some guys are better, some are worse. But we've had a QB that made everyone better and that was the difference.
    Exactly.
    QBs make or break your wrs.
    Oline make your rbs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still think that we have a pretty good lot of receivers when they are healthy although I did think Moncrief would work out better than he did. I also wanted to keep Spencer over Switzer but that is for a different conversation. The problem with MR is we are seeing the same thing week after week. He doesn't show any improvement. Hell, he didn't even throw to his backs against Cincy. He would consistently drop back, look around, look around some more, and then when he had pressure in his face he'd get rid of the ball without being able to step into the throw and therefore it would be accurate or have any zip on it. Then it was Wash, Rinse and Repeat.

Duck comes into the game and hits his 1st two passes and looks good doing it. Do you really think Samuels and Washington decided just to get open for Duck (having the 'd' right next to the 'f' on the keyboard when typing "Duck" is going to get somebody in trouble)? Of course not. Now I'm not saying that this group of receivers is constantly getting open but they do it far more often than Rudolph was giving them credit for.

This is the NFL and our young QBs are going to have to learn to trust their receivers. On an out route they are going to have to throw the damn ball and it's up to the receiver to make the catch. Waiting for the receiver to be open before you throw that pass is the kiss of death.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Duck Duck it is for Sunday

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I still think that we have a pretty good lot of receivers when they are healthy although I did think Moncrief would work out better than he did. I also wanted to keep Spencer over Switzer but that is for a different conversation. The problem with MR is we are seeing the same thing week after week. He doesn't show any improvement. Hell, he didn't even throw to his backs against Cincy. He would consistently drop back, look around, look around some more, and then when he had pressure in his face he'd get rid of the ball without being able to step into the throw and therefore it would be accurate or have any zip on it. Then it was Wash, Rinse and Repeat.

Duck comes into the game and hits his 1st two passes and looks good doing it. Do you really think Samuels and Washington decided just to get open for Duck (having the 'd' right next to the 'f' on the keyboard when typing "Duck" is going to get somebody in trouble)? Of course not. Now I'm not saying that this group of receivers is constantly getting open but they do it far more often than Rudolph was giving them credit for.

This is the NFL and our young QBs are going to have to learn to trust their receivers. On an out route they are going to have to throw the damn ball and it's up to the receiver to make the catch. Waiting for the receiver to be open before you throw that pass is the kiss of death.
    Talk on radio today about the next 2 or 3 drafts will have amazing talent at WR. Said the market is about to be saturated.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post

Not to defend Mason but after the first 2 passes the WR’s seemed to not get open the reset of the game.

Don’t get me wrong. I loved the quick score but we’ve seem Mason throw a long TD or 2.

I’m hoping the Duck continues to make plays but I think everyone glossed over the covered WR’s and lack of pass production AFTER that first series.

I will say Ducks ability to break the pocket and get some positive yards is refreshing. I think with our current play calling and WR’s we are going to need every yard we can get. I prefer 3 yards or a scramble for no gain to being a sitting Duck or throwing a late pass over the middle while getting hit on the arm.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Not to defend Mason but after the first 2 passes the WR’s seemed to not get open the reset of the game.

Don’t get me wrong. I loved the quick score but we’ve seem Mason throw a long TD or 2.

I’m hoping the Duck continues to make plays but I think everyone glossed over the covered WR’s and lack of pass production AFTER that first series.

I will say Ducks ability to break the pocket and get some positive yards is refreshing. I think with our current play calling and WR’s we are going to need every yard we can get. I prefer 3 yards or a scramble for no gain to being a sitting Duck or throwing a late pass over the middle while getting hit on the arm.
    Again, half the WRs were still learning the playbook. A normal team has an entire preseason to get their timing down and learn the routes.
    I think expectations are a bit high for them at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I prefer 3 yards or a scramble for no gain to being a sitting Duck or throwing a late pass over the middle while getting hit on the arm.
    Isn't that bad outcome more likely NOW with "Duck" as QB?