Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudolf's Stats - Ranking

Legend

User Info Menu

Rudolf's Stats - Ranking

QBR - #32 - 80.3
    YPA - #33 - 6.2

Those stats are what they are, but clearly show, he's not a legit #1 yet.

By comparison, Gardner Minshew has a QBR of 92.8 and 7.4 YPA. Is Jax really that much better Offensively than us? This is a kid that went undrafted. And he looks a lot better than MR.

The rules are slanted toward the O. This league is set up for QBs to come in a be successful.

Can MR ever be good enough?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    QBR - #32 - 80.3
    YPA - #33 - 6.2

By comparison, Gardner Minshew has a QBR of 92.8 and 7.4 YPA. Is Jax really that much better Offensively than us? This is a kid that went undrafted. And he looks a lot better than MR.

The rules are slanted toward the O. This league is set up for QBs to come in a be successful.

I'm not ready to say he can never be good enough, but he's got a lot of changes and improving he needs to come up with. For now, it's time to sound the Duck call.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Even the way Rudolph moves and feels pressure is off. When Duck came in, the first thing I noticed was how he moved away from pressure to look for a throwing lane.

I honestly don't think either one of these guys is our long-term answer to life without Ben. But right now, it think Duck gives us the best chance to win against the Clowns.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I'm going a hard no.

His decision making / processing is abysmal

Hid arm strength is borderline, at best.

But worst of all- his accuracy sucks. His passes are pretty far off target, which is in large part why they have sooooo many drops.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Even the way Rudolph moves and feels pressure is off. When Duck came in, the first thing I noticed was how he moved away from pressure to look for a throwing lane.

I honestly don't think either one of these guys is our long-term answer to life without Ben. But right now, it think Duck gives us the best chance to win against the Clowns.
    To me, it looks like Rudolph thinks he has all day in the pocket. Which is so strange. Most young QBs get happy feet and throw or tuck and run too soon.
    I initially thought that was a good sign for him. Now, not so much.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    QBR - #32 - 80.3
    YPA - #33 - 6.2

I've seen all I need to see. He is no NFL starting QB. Time will tell, if he ever will be, but I doubt it.

Duck may not be our answer as a legit franchise qb either, but at least he has some upside. I hope I'm wrong about Mason. Smart kid, and all.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mahomes broke the Big 12 curse at QB. I’m still not sold on QB’s from that conference because the games are so wide open. When people used Masons stats vs PITT I laughed because if you watched the games he was pitch and catch vs a new coaching staff with a terrible secondary philosophy. They hung the CB’s out to dry and they got torched like crazy by anyone with a decent arm.

Masons footwork is atrocious. He rarely steps into his throws and refuses to move until it’s too late.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

MR is still playing as if the opponent is Kansas St and the WRs will be open by 5 or more yards. He had a TD early on if he throws the ball quickly. But he waits, throws it a touch behind, and allows the defender to get a hand on it. Have to make an immediate decision. He doesn't' look as if he's built a rapport with anyone.

Starter

User Info Menu

I remember watching one particular Preseason game and Mason stepped up, then slide laterally, then back , then back up and made a great throw, and did mostly all game...I said " Damn, I think this kid is gonna be real good...

1) Preseason is irrelevant

2) Boy was I wrong

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not writing Rudolph off yet - mainly b/c our Running Game is garbage and our WR corp is weak and the Steelers don't have a Legit TE
    It's not like BEN was lighting things up and in comes this kid and he blows.

However he does seem to be a Deep Ball First Guy as if this is college - He's missed on a lot of underneath stuff to cause me to lose faith.
    But this is correctable! Time Will Tell.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!