Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 176

Thread: Ben, MR and Duck

  1. #71
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Dude, heís only played in 1.5 games before yesterday.

    You act like Duck has a resume of 5 or 6 games.
    THAT is the problem... you were pulling stats as if THEY were the end all be all. I watched 6 quarters of football... pretty much all i needed to see to know that he was beyond where MR is right now... AND what his impact on the game was.

    otherwise, if you based on yesterday's stats, MR is more mobile than Duck.. it's right there in his rushing stats! He averaged QUADRUPLE what Duck averaged. ya know, cuz it's OK to use a single game like you did the chargers game
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2020 Draft
    2. Jake Fromm (trade up) - Smart, competitive QB falls to second round. Trade up and get this kid.
    ....
    TBD

  2. #72
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Originally you said Duck goes downfield more and used the success of the offense in the San Diego game as evidence.

    Yet... you couldnít provide the evidence at that time.
    iirc, i gave you the link to the play-by-play in that thread. perhaps you missed it, but more than sufficient evidence was provided. again, you're better than this... c'mon man

    but, i think the big problem is you're saying "short" and "long" passes, as if there is a specific number there. The number is (as i said in the thread), "whatever gets 8 out of the box" - if that's a 17 yard post, or a 13 yard out, then so be it. It certainly isn't 13 passes to Jaylen Samuel

    What cracks me up is when people say stuff like, "i think it's funny that the running game showed up and that helped Duck". well, funny how that keeps happening with Duck on the field (and tends to struggle more with MR on the field)... again, whatever gets 8 out of the box...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2020 Draft
    2. Jake Fromm (trade up) - Smart, competitive QB falls to second round. Trade up and get this kid.
    ....
    TBD

  3. #73
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    iirc, i gave you the link to the play-by-play in that thread. perhaps you missed it, but more than sufficient evidence was provided. again, you're better than this... c'mon man

    but, i think the big problem is you're saying "short" and "long" passes, as if there is a specific number there. The number is (as i said in the thread), "whatever gets 8 out of the box" - if that's a 17 yard post, or a 13 yard out, then so be it. It certainly isn't 13 passes to Jaylen Samuel

    What cracks me up is when people say stuff like, "i think it's funny that the running game showed up and that helped Duck". well, funny how that keeps happening with Duck on the field (and tends to struggle more with MR on the field)... again, whatever gets 8 out of the box...
    I think a short pass to Vance for 13 yards implies it wasnít a 13 yard pass in the air.

    Iíve watched every game except the Indy game when I was on the road.

    Iíve seen all 6 quarters of Duck.

    If you said Ducks feet were the difference because he extends plays I wouldnít disagree. Thatís something I agree with.

    I just donít think his deep passes were the reason we had success running the ball or had a better game against the Chargers.

    Also keep in mind Snell and Conner went out on the Chargers game late. So Mason actually hasnít had Snell for most of his games. He has been the closer and better runner this season overall.

    Masons worse game we didnít have Conner or Snell.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 11-25-2019 at 05:15 PM.

  4. #74
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Duck just has better awarness in the pocket and what appears to be to be a stronger arm. Not to mention he is getting the ball out on time, with more reps i think he blows MR away.

  5. #75
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Duck just has better awarness in the pocket and what appears to be to be a stronger arm. Not to mention he is getting the ball out on time, with more reps i think he blows MR away.
    agreed... Duck just seems to have poise..
    Honestly could see this guy being a decent starter in this league.. and thats a hell of a compliment considering his path to the league.

  6. #76
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I think a short pass to Vance for 13 yards implies it wasnít a 13 yard pass in the air.

    Iíve watched every game except the Indy game when I was on the road.

    Iíve seen all 6 quarters of Duck.

    If you said Ducks feet were the difference because he extends plays I wouldnít disagree. Thatís something I agree with.

    I just donít think his deep passes were the reason we had success running the ball or had a better game against the Chargers.

    Also keep in mind Snell and Conner went out on the Chargers game late. So Mason actually hasnít had Snell for most of his games. He has been the closer and better runner this season overall.

    Masons worse game we didnít have Conner or Snell.
    by now switching to "deep passes", it's like you keep trying to make it sound like i'm saying 40 yard passes, simply to not be wrong.

    my contention from the beginning is simply that the depth of Duck's passing loosens up the defense more than MR, who tends to pull the defense closer to the LOS. This discussion happened right after Samuels 13-catch game.

    you can continue to disagree with that if you want, but ... at this point, yer kinda wrong.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2020 Draft
    2. Jake Fromm (trade up) - Smart, competitive QB falls to second round. Trade up and get this kid.
    ....
    TBD

  7. #77
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Duck just has better awarness in the pocket and what appears to be to be a stronger arm. Not to mention he is getting the ball out on time, with more reps i think he blows MR away.
    Duck right now has better awareness, duck is getting it out on time however MR has a better arm. However arm strength is not all that.
    Just a thought about a month back the Jets Qb SD is seeing ghosts tossing picks like there is no tomorrow n being called a bust. Last 3 weeks guy looks rock solid with about 9 Td's and back on track to being a starting qb in this league. My point is although MR has sh!t the bed the last few weeks young guys are going to go through ups n downs. Glad the Duck stepped up n perhaps he is better then we all thought.
    I would start the Duck this week. That's not a knock on MR just go with the hotter hand n see how it plays out.

  8. #78
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Duck right now has better awareness, duck is getting it out on time however MR has a better arm. However arm strength is not all that.
    Just a thought about a month back the Jets Qb SD is seeing ghosts tossing picks like there is no tomorrow n being called a bust. Last 3 weeks guy looks rock solid with about 9 Td's and back on track to being a starting qb in this league. My point is although MR has sh!t the bed the last few weeks young guys are going to go through ups n downs. Glad the Duck stepped up n perhaps he is better then we all thought.
    I would start the Duck this week. That's not a knock on MR just go with the hotter hand n see how it plays out.
    Quack, quack! (Hear, hear!)

  9. #79
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Tampa did it yesterday against the Falcons. 2nd and goal from the one and they lined up 347 pound defensive tackle Vita Vea as the fullback. They even took it further - he went straight ahead as if to block and then slipped out and was wide open to catch a TD pass. Great play (heaviest player to ever catch a TD pass in the NFL).

    That's innovative play calling.
    great play, but that's more of a gimmick then anything.

    take a look at kittle's TD last night for a truly great play design

  10. #80
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    youd think Ben would be helping a ton considering hes still on the payroll at his "Playing rate"
    mason has said he does.


    and why do you keep mentioning this?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •