Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben, MR and Duck

Legend

User Info Menu

The biggest thing Hodges has going for him if he is tapped to start next game??
    .....the bar has been set very low thanks to Rudolph.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    youd think Ben would be helping a ton considering hes still on the payroll at his "Playing rate"
    We joked yesterday that Ben was always being shown by himself on the sideline but as soon as they replaced Mason he was right next to Tomlin yucking it up.

Deep down I wouldn’t be surprised if Ben fist pumped on the inside because a lot of people were saying Mason was the future when we drafted him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    We joked yesterday that Ben was always being shown by himself on the sideline but as soon as they replaced Mason he was right next to Tomlin yucking it up.

Deep down I wouldn’t be surprised if Ben fist pumped on the inside because a lot of people were saying Mason was the future when we drafted him.
    i agree.. hes not disappointed that his replacement isnt on the roster right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

Deep down I wouldnít be surprised if Ben fist pumped on the inside because a lot of people were saying Mason was the future when we drafted him.
    I really doubt that Ben is that insecure given his career. I also don't think he hates the team as much as some of the so-called fans here on the "Planet" hoping for failure

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I really doubt that Ben is that insecure given his career. I also don't think he hates the team as much as some of the so-called fans here on the "Planet" hoping for failure
    It’s not insecurity. It’s ego.

Remember when Ben thought about retirement and was overseas for the draft but as soon as we picked Mason Ben was back on the building? Then he made the Mason joke about not helping him unless he asked.

That is some Brett Favre ego right there. I don’t blame him. You don’t have to help train someone to take your job. It’s not in the rules.

Even after Ben’s injury he said “I’m here for Mason if he wants/needs me”

Which seems weird to me. I know I’m always seen as the Ben hater but dudes quotes always seem to have a little bit of a dig in them. I read it as Ben isn’t going to help unless Mason asked him for it. Maybe it’s the way QB’s operate but I would think you would just help out since you are injured and not benched for poor play.

Legend

User Info Menu

it is absolutely all about ego with Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i'm kinda cracking up that you're NOW saying that you weren't denying that duck goes downfield more. he just didn't in that game.

REALLY? c'mon man, you're better than that.
    DeVille you're talking to yourself.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.18 - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama
    2.49 -
    4.114 -
    4.117 -
    6.179 -

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    DeVille you're talking to yourself.

Pappy
    I chose to double-dip (and quote my quote) instead of edit.
    I was worried i'd get in there and change something and oh wow would reply with quote that didn't exist.. LOL

but, basically, he went all "i didn't say that he didn't. i just said he didn't that one time"... i laughed aloud at how lame that is as a response.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2020 Draft
    2. Jake Fromm (trade up) - Smart, competitive QB falls to second round. Trade up and get this kid.
    TBD

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i'm kinda cracking up that you're NOW saying that you weren't denying that duck goes downfield more. he just didn't in that game.

REALLY? c'mon man, you're better than that.
    Originally you said Duck goes downfield more and used the success of the offense in the San Diego game as evidence.

Yet... you couldnít provide the evidence at that time.

A lot of Ducks passes were short passes that had yards after catch in the Baltimore game.

I never said Duck doesnít throw deep I said he didnít throw deep enough for it to be a factor in how we were defended.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I chose to double-dip (and quote my quote) instead of edit.
    I was worried i'd get in there and change something and oh wow would reply with quote that didn't exist.. LOL

but, basically, he went all "i didn't say that he didn't. i just said he didn't that one time"... i laughed aloud at how lame that is as a response.
    Dude, he’s only played in 1.5 games before yesterday.

You act like Duck has a resume of 5 or 6 games.