Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben, MR and Duck

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Tampa did it yesterday against the Falcons. 2nd and goal from the one and they lined up 347 pound defensive tackle Vita Vea as the fullback. They even took it further - he went straight ahead as if to block and then slipped out and was wide open to catch a TD pass. Great play (heaviest player to ever catch a TD pass in the NFL).

That's innovative play calling.
    I saw that as well. Very innovative. But I donít see any signs of Fitchner going anywhere ( unfortunately ).

And I donít think Snell is the answer either. We played the worse team in the league. Letís not start thinking the running game is all of a sudden fixed.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    While Steelers' fans love to latch onto the underdog story, Duck IS NOT the answer to our problems. Rudolph is way under performing and he deserved to be benched yesterday. He is clearly overthinking everything, but Duck is just a slinger with a very average NFL arm.

IMO, the biggest problem is Fichtner's playcalling. I understand trying to establish the run, but against 8 in the box which is all we are seeing...terrible.
    i agree the biggest problem is the OC. I keep hearing that we are getting a ton of different defensive looks (as to make excuses for the lack of execution)... but what im seeing is a bunch of loaded boxes and man coverage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Man coverage that for the most part, we can’t take advantage of.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Man coverage that for the most part, we can’t take advantage of.
    Im glad im not the only one seeing that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Im glad im not the only one seeing that.
    I think we need an upgrade at all the skill positions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Man coverage that for the most part, we canít take advantage of.
    I agree. We still aren't creating mismatches. I can't believe how the TEs have seemingly been ignored and they are usually a young QBs safety blanket

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Fichtner effing blows. His play calling puts marginal QBs in situations they can't win.

Mind you- he did that same **** with Ben in. It's just that Ben has the ability to convert 3rd and long. Also- they'd go no-huddle a lot more with Ben- which takes ****tner's ****ty play calling out of the game to a degree.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we need an upgrade at all the skill positions.
    I'm sure every team wants this also.
    At some point you have to coach up what you got and put them in a position to succeed.
    Our skill positions are fine and our injuries aren't that big of a deal.
    We need Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    No one ever said Duck doesnít throw downfield.

I said he didnít throw downfield to open up things in the Chargers game.
    ummm... ok... i'm not fishing through the thread, but we actually even discussed the game before, where duck came in and averaged more per pass than Mason EVEN AFTER after mason's long TD pass was in that game before he got his concussion.

you spin that however you want...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2020 Draft
    2. Jake Fromm (trade up) - Smart, competitive QB falls to second round. Trade up and get this kid.
    TBD

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    ummm... ok... i'm not fishing through the thread, but we actually even discussed the game before, where duck came in and averaged more per pass than Mason EVEN AFTER after mason's long TD pass was in that game before he got his concussion.

you spin that however you want...
    i'm kinda cracking up that you're NOW saying that you weren't denying that duck goes downfield more. he just didn't in that game.

REALLY? c'mon man, you're better than that.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2020 Draft
    2. Jake Fromm (trade up) - Smart, competitive QB falls to second round. Trade up and get this kid.
    TBD