Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Racial Accusations against Mason

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    how about no.. lol.

why would I expect Steeler players to admit it? That’s not how you do your own players regardless of the offense.

As far as Brown players. Of course they didn’t hear it. Garret was the only one I’m the scrum. No one else from the Browns was close.

I’m just not one to believe a player is above saying something offensive when losing badly and being hit late. Especially a football player.
    So you're saying African American players on the Steelers would protect a back-up WHITE quarterback and not take the side of another African American superstar NFL player?? Like all the Eagles teammates supported Riley Cooper?? Ok. Sounds like you're really feeling dizz today. Let me know what you're drinking. LOL.
    Last edited by rpmpit; 02-14-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I havenít seen any like that. But I also havenít seen any calling for an investigation of racism in the NFL or some such outrage which, again, I find odd.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/terence.../#793b647e6cf0

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Then again I never played football in Western Pennsylvania so what do I know?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    So you're saying African American players on the Steelers would protect a back-up WHITE quarterback and not take the side of another African American superstar NFL player?? Like all the Eagles teammates supported Riley Cooper?? Ok. Sounds like you're really feeling dizz today. Let me know what you're drinking. LOL.
    You aren’t getting it and it’s probably because you aren’t African American.

I already said I played with players who used that word. (Not in my presence of course)..

we had some fights in school or on the team bus after games but we never fought each other on the field.

The other team was always the enemy.

and maybe it was said when they were both on the ground and Mason was trying to rip off his helmet?

You don’t ask why a guy is jumping on your QB, you just defend them.

which is the reason I brought up my past experience. It’s like family, you may fight and argue in private but in public you have their back regardless of who was in the wrong. Once you get behind closed doors, you let them have it.

I think you have a few misconceptions about African Americans and team loyalty because of the way AB acted.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 02-14-2020 at 04:16 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Then again I never played football in Western Pennsylvania so what do I know?
    obviously not. If you did you would know racial epitaphs are thrown out a ton during heated rivalry games.

It’s one of the reasons I laugh at people back home who say the south is racist. I hear and heard that word way more in Western PA than in the south.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Not sure evidence matters in such matters. If the media decides to run with this, I think Rudolph is done. So far, they havenít, which I find odd.
    Garrett claims that all QBís have mics in their helmet but Masons helmet was lost so he had to use another one so he didnít have a mic.

NFL Films said they didnít have anyone micíd up for a Thursday Night prime time game between 2 rival teams which seems odd.

Like I said.. sure seems odd they donít have mics and audio to release to show it was a bogus claim.

Garrett even admits it doesnít justify his actions... and he is correct.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You aren’t getting it and it’s probably because you aren’t African American.

I already said I played with players who used that word. (Not in my presence of course)..

we had some fights in school or on the team bus after games but we never fought each other on the field.

The other team was always the enemy.

and maybe it was said when they were both on the ground and Mason was trying to rip off his helmet?

You don’t ask why a guy is jumping on your QB, you just defend them.
    And what does what you did in high school have to do with this? I'm not African American but I also don't automatically side with my race especially when I know they are dead wrong. You want to defend Garret because of his race? Great. But you know he's lying. We all do.
    Last edited by rpmpit; 02-14-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A smart person would realize if it did happen, that player would be screaming , ' that mf'er just called me a N. f you. you aint calling me no N'.
    Once he got to the locker room and the mic was in his face, that would also have been a logical time to bring it up.
    Even days after the incident, he and all the team mates that he told, would be in the media.
    Nobody is saying the nfl isn't corrupt.
    And even if he did say it, so what.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is still America. The Founding Fathers killed for our right to be accountable to no one except god, like any decent J. Christ-fearing patriot would do in the first place.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watch the video again. Myles Garrett’s body language is consistent with someone who is lying.