User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    ask Richard Gere about Gerbils....
    That's just wrong

... or Duce Staley about dookies...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There is a certain population of people that will in fact believe the accusation. Nothing Rudolph can do in the future can erase that.
    In other words you can never return to ground zero once it's in the public domain.
    Without any proof I think those that believe Mason is racist believed it before the accusation.

and those people don’t personally know Mason so it doesn’t matter.

I live in Charlotte close to Rock Hill and a guy at the Barber shop claimed he played HS ball with him. He was black and it was before the Cleveland game. He said he keeps in contact with him.

Anyway, al I will add is playing football in Western PA it wasn’t uncommon to hear players use it or even find out players on my own team used the word when I wasn’t around. It’s whatever. I can’t control what other people say. I can only control how I react. I used to throw hands but I wouldn’t have made it this far if I didn’t change how I reacted to it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    That's just wrong

... or Duce Staley about dookies...
    Wasn't that Davenport?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So much for no drama for the team this year. Whooda thunk it would be Rudolph in the middle of it this season?!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Wasn't that Davenport?
    You might be right. ..mixing up the dookies

Starter

User Info Menu

Too many inconsistencies...

But this is the most telling one in my opinion.

Gerry Dulac
    @gerrydulac
    If Mason Rudolph used a racial slur as Myles Garrett apparently alleged in his appeal, why did he publicly apologize to Rudolph the day after the game? Who would apologize to a guy who used a racial slur against him? Nobody

And yes people lie when millions are at stake ( for far less than that)

Brothervad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm sure during the malee, if Rudolph said that, it would be a topic of discussion while bodies were flying around for several minutes.
    I guarantee you Garrett would be screaming, 'dont you call me a n *'.
    I give big kudos to his team mates that took the high road and said they never heard that word said.
    You know if he did, those players would have been all over it. And rightfully so.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Maybe Myles was getting advice from AB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    IKR... his brilliance took away from what i actually felt was one of my more relevant posts to a topic (top of page 2).

Fact is, even if Mason HAD used the N-word (which i SERIOUSLY DOUBT), i guarantee you is wasn't the first time Garrett heard it in a football game. AND it doesn't justify the helmet swing... (understand perspective... this from a black dude).

jumping on my soapbox - i get annoyed when racism is slung out there, because when it actually DOES happen, people are so tired of hearing it they don't listen to the legit problems.
    This. I very much doubt Mason said racist words -- among other things, the guys defending him physically out there are also African American. *Even* if he's a bigot, I'd assume he has more sense than to incense the people who have his back.

When this kind of fake stuff is pulled out of bogus hats, it gives all the numerous *real* instances of bigotry a pass -- they get lumped with the fakes. It does everyone an injustice.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    RYAN CLARK. He said he heard about the racial slur thing last week. But didn't provide any proof or explanation. He also suggested Rudolph has a history of racial "stuff" on social media. Again, offering proof or explanation. Most I could find was that Mason "liked" some anti-Kaepernick posts in the past. So of course, that makes him a racist (NOTE SARCASM).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lluMZy6p28U
    Wait, *Ryan Clark*?
    I have a lot of respect for the guy, he's easily one of the most intelligent people who ever played on the Steelers; how does -he- pop up like this?

I have friends who're anti-Kaepernick, but mostly because they believe that the reason he's still unemployed is that he wasn't that great to begin with (this issue came up in a discussion of whether Steelers should hire him, when BR went down). Doesn't make them racist -- they're a-ok with the kneeling thing, partly, I assume, because some of them are black .