Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Is it too early to call Conner injury prone?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think our biggest need will be OLB, but if we can get an average option I think we'll be in good position to draft BPA (which I think we should always do).
    yup. kinda leaning toward OLB, myself...

But I will admit that if Tua comes out and falls to the 2nd, I'd gamble... Same with Fromm... If either gets anywhere near the second, I trade up in a heartbeat...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

But I will admit that if Tua comes out and falls to the 2nd, I'd gamble... Same with Fromm... If either gets anywhere near the second, I trade up in a heartbeat...
    Tua is another injury prone guy. No thanks. He has an arm but anytime he has faced stiff competition he has struggled and usually ended up hurt.

Jalen Hurts is intriguing. He isn’t the best pocket passer but he can throw AND run.

I would definitely y’all him on the 2nd or 3rd.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i called him that last year and is why i was happy with the selection of Snell in the draft. I think the team knew what they had... in fact, wasn't there a rumor that they were considering Bell at the trade deadline when the jets put him on the market?

Still, due to depth, i think we're good at RB - their problem is the short passing isn't loosening up defenses. If one is selected, the only thing i see coming is a middle rounds guy with flaws (lamical perine comes to mind)

I see bigger team needs as: OLB (depending on if they can re-sign Bud after this big year), TE (Vance is always hurt), Dline and Oline; but, if a good WR is hanging around, i wouldnt be surprised to see that before an RB.
    We arenít good at RB. We have a lot of them but they struggle to get yards or hit holes.

Maybe Snell comes back and takes over but Iím not holding my breath.

We donít need a day 2 RB but I think we need another guy in the 3rd or 4th who isnít so big he canít hit the hole quickly.

I think Bud stays next year.

Iím not a fan of drafting another OLB early. We really need to address this offense if we are trying to make a run next year.

I would honestly go OL if there is value there in the second. I think thatís our biggest issue on offense right now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Tua is another injury prone guy. No thanks. He has an arm but anytime he has faced stiff competition he has struggled and usually ended up hurt.

Jalen Hurts is intriguing. He isn’t the best pocket passer but he can throw AND run.

I would definitely y’all him on the 2nd or 3rd.
    didn't Tua take Hurts job and force the transfer? IJS...

That'd be sorta like preferring Eason over Fromm... you're a year older and got beat out by a freshman... no thanks!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

didn't Tua take Hurts job and force the transfer? IJS...

That'd be sorta like preferring Eason over Fromm... you're a year older and got beat out by a freshman... no thanks!
    Didn’t Hurts replace Tua in the SEC Championship last year and save them from a loss because Tua was playing like trash?

Didn’t Clemson destroy Tua last year?

I’m not saying Tua isn’t talented. I’m saying Tua hasn’t played well at all against real competition except when he came in during the championship a few years back and threw all over UGA who wasn’t prepared for him.

Tua can make all the throws but every time he gets touched he gets seriously injured.

Do you really want a QB who has a broken hip? That’s a risky pick.

Also seems weird to not want a QB because he got beat out by another QB. It happens all the time. Doesn’t mean the other QB sucks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

i called him that last year and is why i was happy with the selection of Snell in the draft. I think the team knew what they had... in fact, wasn't there a rumor that they were considering Bell at the trade deadline when the jets put him on the market?

Still, due to depth, i think we're good at RB - their problem is the short passing isn't loosening up defenses. If one is selected, the only thing i see coming is a middle rounds guy with flaws (lamical perine comes to mind)

I see bigger team needs as: OLB (depending on if they can re-sign Bud after this big year), TE (Vance is always hurt), Dline and Oline; but, if a good WR is hanging around, i wouldnt be surprised to see that before an RB.
    Bell made up that rumor so I'm sure it was a lie.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't watch NCAA football, but my understanding was the teams were "tanking for Tua". I thought the projections were that he'd go top 5, not end of the 1st.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't watch NCAA football, but my understanding was the teams were "tanking for Tua". I thought the projections were that he'd go top 5, not end of the 1st.
    People only said that because it sounded so good. It's like a game show....

"Welcome to Tanking for Tua (applause). Today's contestant is here all the way from Cincinnati, Ohio. His hobbies include looking to the sky and asking "why" every Sunday, banging his head against the wall, and teaching others that it is okay to win a game once in awhile. Let's give a warm welcome to Zac Taylor".

Legend

User Info Menu

I think our biggest need will be OLB, but if we can get an average option I think we'll be in good position to draft BPA (which I think we should always do).
    If Bud leaves, there is a gaping hole at OLB, and that position instantly becomes the Steelers biggest need. If he stays, I think the Steelers should probably spend both of their 2nd day picks on offensive players. After the heavy investment on defense, the offense needs an injection of talent.

If Hargrave leaves, that will complicate things. Even though he plays about a third of the snaps when everybody is healthy, it looks like he's filled in for Tuitt quite a bit, too. The Steelers will need to do something at NT/DT.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No one was tanking for Tua.

There are teams that stink and Miami is hoarding picks but no one was actually ranking for Tua. He isn’t the second coming at the QB position.