Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Tuzar Skipper

  1. #1
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Tuzar Skipper

    Is back! Super Bowl!

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Curious where you saw this. Not listed under transactions on Steelers.com and he still shows as on the PS on the Giants official site.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Curious where you saw this. Not listed under transactions on Steelers.com and he still shows as on the PS on the Giants official site.
    Skipper posted it on Twitter then deleted it. Still has the Steelers in his profile though.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Just got a notification from my Steelers app. It’s official - Skipper on active roster and LT Walton to IR - meniscus tear.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    If I were Tuzar Skipper I wouldn’t want to be anyplace other than Pittsburgh. Dude couldn’t get this much fan love if he were in a boy band.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Man...we are really racking up the injuries this year.

    Maybe we're trying to prepay for next season.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Based on opinions here, Skipper should be good for 10 sacks by the end of the season

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    First, I'm glad he's back. I don't expect him to be another James Harrison, or anything close, but he's young and he showed potential.

    What's somewhat interesting to me is the Steelers adding Skipper and cutting Jayrone Elliott. When Skipper was released by the Giants, the Steelers didn't add him, and added Elliott instead. Elliott has lower upside but was a bit of a veteran. Now, they seem to be leaning towards taking a shot on the guy with higher upside, despite the inexperience. I may be (likely, I am) reading too much into a move with guys on the bottom of the roster, but this is somewhat interesting to me.

    Skipper is also guaranteed 3 weekly checks, so it's likely the Steelers will keep him for a minimum of 3 weeks, if not the duration of the regular season.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    First, I'm glad he's back. I don't expect him to be another James Harrison, or anything close, but he's young and he showed potential.

    What's somewhat interesting to me is the Steelers adding Skipper and cutting Jayrone Elliott. When Skipper was released by the Giants, the Steelers didn't add him, and added Elliott instead. Elliott has lower upside but was a bit of a veteran. Now, they seem to be leaning towards taking a shot on the guy with higher upside, despite the inexperience. I may be (likely, I am) reading too much into a move with guys on the bottom of the roster, but this is somewhat interesting to me.

    Skipper is also guaranteed 3 weekly checks, so it's likely the Steelers will keep him for a minimum of 3 weeks, if not the duration of the regular season.
    I like they are bringing in young guys. Let face it...winning the Super Bowl this year is a really long putt so it is smart to see and evaluate some young talent who can contribute going forward.

    Although they will never admit it, IMO the reality is we are already preparing for 2020 and Ben's return.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Based on opinions here, Skipper should be good for 10 sacks by the end of the season
    ?
    Don't remember reading anything like that on this board.

    I do remember folks here mourning that we lost him earlier in the season, because they thought he showed some good potential in the preseason.

    I don't think anyone was penciling him in as a starter, but thought he might be a good addition for depth/developmental purposes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •