Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Roster Moves

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Sucks to be jerked up and down, but it's better than being out of football I guess?

A practice squad check is still pretty good I think ($136k / season minimum).
    IDK, sometimes being jerked up ans down ain't bad.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Maybe Eli is damaged goods?

Not sure but it seems like teams prefer youth over experience and talent.

Might be a cap thing as well.
    Maybe we're still upset about his suspension, but it's not like we cut him outright?
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Maybe we're still upset about his suspension, but it's not like we cut him outright?
    I think he was the last of the young money crew so maybe we wanted to turn the page?

Part of me wonders if he and Ben didn’t get along. Always felt like Ben and Eli were never in sync and Eli was always diving for passes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think he was the last of the young money crew so maybe we wanted to turn the page?

Part of me wonders if he and Ben didn’t get along. Always felt like Ben and Eli were never in sync and Eli was always diving for passes.
    ?
    That's kind of a wild thing to come up with.

But then, weren't you one who initially tried to pin the lion's share of the blame for the AB debacle on Ben?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Deon Cain given Eli's #17 and must remain on the roster at least 3 games.

Re: Eli - from today's Asked and Answered

ADAM STATTI FROM CAPE CORAL, FL: Have there been any discussions revolving around bringing Eli Rogers back?
    ANSWER: I’m not privy to “discussions” about personnel, but what I can tell you is this: On Saturday, Nov. 16, the Steelers signed a wide receiver to their 53-man roster, and the player they chose to sign at that time was Deon Cain, who came from the Indianapolis Colts’ practice squad, and Cain was assigned No. 17. Since the Steelers signed a player off another team’s practice squad, that player is to remain on the 53-man roster through three games. They did not sign Eli Rogers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seems Tomlin learned a strong lesson after the Spence signing a couple years ago.
    “You know, most of the veterans that are getting off the couch lack a certain readiness from a physical standpoint,” Tomlin said. “Guys that have been on practice squads and working every day have the conditioning and readiness associated with working every day. And so that’s always an element of the discussion. But we also like the upside and we like to coach and instruct and teach and we don’t hide from that. You know, we are always excited about getting somebody with some talent that lacks some experience because it challenges us as coaches and that’s something that we covet as well.”
    Now pipe down about signing some aged vet that likely would end up injured in the first series.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    ?
    That's kind of a wild thing to come up with.

But then, weren't you one who initially tried to pin the lion's share of the blame for the AB debacle on Ben?
    Not the lions share.. just a share. I definitely think the radio comments after the Denver game played a part in the meltdown.

I also think Switzer snaps decreased after Ben was injured. Everyone talked about Switzer and Ben building a relationship before the cuts.

Now everyone wonders why we wasted a roster spot on Switzer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Seems Tomlin learned a strong lesson after the Spence signing a couple years ago.

Now pipe down about signing some aged vet that likely would end up injured in the first series.
    Aged vet would probably have more production on the first series than these young bums.

jk

Legend

User Info Menu

Aged vet would probably have more production on the first series than these young bums.

jk
    I know you say it in jest. But I like Tomlin's is doing. Throw a bunch of young guys out there and see who rises and who falls. Then build on it next year. And that includes the QB.

Starter

User Info Menu

No...I distinctly remember Ben praising Eli up and down, and how much he loved him...idk if it was after s game, injury, cut... But I remember it, Maybe someone can help