Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roster Moves

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Fielding eleven healthy players is job No. 1.
    I'm healthy. They could have signed me.

I was kinda hoping they went after guys who were proven capable players.

These guys resumes:

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It was reported yesterday that the Browns’ Morgan Burnett is out for the season with a torn Achilles. Let’s see what “proven, capable player” they can pick up in November. Not to mention that they need a D-Lineman.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 11-18-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’m getting less and less opposed to bringing AB back. I know that sounds insane but the offense is a complete joke so why not just blow it up?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I’m getting less and less opposed to bringing AB back. I know that sounds insane but the offense is a complete joke so why not just blow it up?
    pretty sure Goodell won't allow AB to play this season...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would love to see that happen, not for the production on the field but for the **** show it would become.
    Can you imagine the public ridicule we would go through by bringing him back?
    You couldn't makeup stupider stuff than that.

Legend

User Info Menu

I read the predraft scouting reports on Cain and Whyte. Both would have been intriguing offseason signings. Cain has decent size and good speed. He's was also still on the practice squad of a Colts team that lost a few WRs.

At this point in the season, whatever. I'm not sure that Dez is even healthy, and who knows what his salary demands would be. I can't imagine that I guy who couldn't separate before would be better after an Achilles injury. Pryor is old and really only had one decent year. I have no idea what veteran options are out there. I would like to find a RB who is somewhat capable in pass protection - neither Samuels nor Edmunds are effective there at all.

Finally, the run game seemed somewhat effective in the game that Nix played. Why not look for another FB? Or a TE that can lead block a bit?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I read the predraft scouting reports on Cain and Whyte. Both would have been intriguing offseason signings. Cain has decent size and good speed. He's was also still on the practice squad of a Colts team that lost a few WRs.

At this point in the season, whatever. I'm not sure that Dez is even healthy, and who knows what his salary demands would be. I can't imagine that I guy who couldn't separate before would be better after an Achilles injury. Pryor is old and really only had one decent year. I have no idea what veteran options are out there. I would like to find a RB who is somewhat capable in pass protection - neither Samuels nor Edmunds are effective there at all.

Finally, the run game seemed somewhat effective in the game that Nix played. Why not look for another FB? Or a TE that can lead block a bit?
    I'm surprised they didn't being Eli back. At worst, he seems to be a replacement level roster player.

Maybe they know something we don't.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Iím getting less and less opposed to bringing AB back. I know that sounds insane but the offense is a complete joke so why not just blow it up?
    I'd only consider it if he was completely and sincerely remorseful and apologetic. I don't see that ever happening.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'd only consider it if he was completely and sincerely remorseful and apologetic. I don't see that ever happening.
    Ya...I think he's got significant mental issues. And I don't know if the rape allegations have been resolved.

Hard pass on AB.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

I look at AB's behavior as the equivalent of a cheating spouse. The relationship was so badly damaged the divorce is final.
    Would you forgive and forget your spouse?