Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JuJu Smith Schuster

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    He will never get a pi call.
    A pass to Holton is by definition "uncatchable".
    Agreed, that was my point

Always a waste of a down
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-18-2019 at 05:40 AM.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Agreed, that was my point

Always a waste of a down
    its a shame to think we let D Spencer go to keep this guy. Saw him make a nice kick return out to mid field last evening for Denver. Eli Rogers would be a hell of an upgrade at this point. I am wondering if D Moncrief stole his jersey and is still in the building lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    its a shame to think we let D Spencer go to keep this guy. Saw him make a nice kick return out to mid field last evening for Denver. Eli Rogers would be a hell of an upgrade at this point. I am wondering if D Moncrief stole his jersey and is still in the building lol
    It does seem like we should be able to find some WR on the market who is better than Holton or Switzer

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It does seem like we should be able to find some WR on the market who is better than Holton or Switzer
    I believe AB is looking for a team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Yep. It's a bit hindsight, but Spencer is actually doing things which is more than I can say for Switzer or Holton.

Maybe we saw Spencer as more competition for Switzer and went with him. But, at this point I don't remember how Holton beat anyone out for anything.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

at this point I don't remember how Holton beat anyone out for anything.
    Seems they were just enamored with his speed and decent height.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep. It's a bit hindsight, but Spencer is actually doing things which is more than I can say for Switzer or Holton.

Maybe we saw Spencer as more competition for Switzer and went with him. But, at this point I don't remember how Holton beat anyone out for anything.
    Holton made a few plays in the preseason, but I think he made the team because of his work on special teams. He's a decent gunner. I thought he'd be a younger, cheaper DHB. Not that DHB offered much as a WR, but he would have caught at least 2-3 of the 12 balls directed in Holton's direction...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Holton made a few plays in the preseason, but I think he made the team because of his work on special teams. He's a decent gunner. I thought he'd be a younger, cheaper DHB. Not that DHB offered much as a WR, but he would have caught at least 2-3 of the 12 balls directed in Holton's direction...
    With that said, where would you like to get our upgrade at WR? In free agency or in the draft?
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This idea that Eli Rogers or another WR can’t come in and look better than these young guys is bull crap.

I think it’s either saving money or saving face. These young kids are CHEAP. I think that’s the real reason we aren’t pursuing vets at the WR position.