Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Myles Garrett

Backup

User Info Menu

Myles Garrett

Why has he not been arrested? He just assaulted another person in the head with a weapon. This goes beyond the bounds of NFL rulings.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He’s supposed to be Superman. Shouldn’t need a weapon against a QB. When did you ever see Superman use a weapon?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Why has he not been arrested? He just assaulted another person in the head with a weapon. This goes beyond the bounds of NFL rulings.
    Rudolph’s legal team is looking into possible action per his lawyer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Imagine if it had been Marcia Brady hit like that?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    There's precedent in the NHL for charges after violence exceeds what's expected in a game.

Although the two incidents I can think of (Bertuzzi and McSorley) both happened in Canada (Vancouver), so maybe it's not a legal precedent they can use?
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Not sure why this posted twice

Legend

User Info Menu

Myles Garrett: I made a mistake; I lost my cool

Posted by Charean Williams on November 15, 2019

Myles Garrett did not seem immediately to grasp exactly how bad his actions were Thursday night.

No one was talking about the Browns’ victory but about the team’s star defensive player swinging Mason Rudolph‘s helmet at the quarterback’s head.

“A win’s a win. I don’t think it’s overshadowed by what happened in eight seconds,” Garrett told reporters in the locker room.

Garrett refused to talk about what set him off. Replays showed that Rudolph tried to rip off Garrett’s helmet before trying to kick him.

Nothing Rudolph did or said, though, would have excused Garrett’s reaction.

Officials ejected Garrett; the NFL will suspend him, perhaps for the rest of the season; and his reputation is forever gone.

Garrett will wear a scarlet letter as a dirty player the rest of his career.

The former No. 1 overall pick didn’t seem to understand the severity of his actions.

“I made a mistake; I lost my cool,” Garrett said. “It’s going to come back to hurt our team. The guys who jumped in the scrum, I appreciate my teammates having my back, but it shouldn’t have gotten that far. That’s on me.”

Garrett said “no clue” when asked how long he expected to be suspended. Here’s a guess: Longer than he expects.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-lost-my-cool/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Garrett is a thug who deserves the suspension he's getting, but something strikes me as wrong about Rudolph taking legal action. Especially after he did what he did to accelerate the ruckus. Be glad you weren't suspended and get ready to play the Bengals.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Garrett is a thug who deserves the suspension he's getting, but something strikes me as wrong about Rudolph taking legal action. Especially after he did what he did to accelerate the ruckus. Be glad you weren't suspended and get ready to play the Bengals.
    That's a law suit going nowhere...calling Phillyesq, calling Phillyesq...

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.18 - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama
    2.49 -
    4.114 -
    4.117 -
    6.179 -