Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 118

Thread: Who all gets suspended?

  1. #61
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    BTW, David DeCastro deserves MAD PROPS for the admirable way he truly PROTECTED the QB.
    Of everbody there he is the ONLY ONE who did the right thing.
    Pouncey was not "protecting" anybody. Pouncey was AVENGING the QB.

    DD handled a crazy situation with courage while keeping his head. Bravo!
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-17-2019 at 02:20 PM.

  2. #62
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    While I think all the existing penalties are correct, if I'm being unbiased, Rudolph should get ONE game.
    While the gravity of the wrong is NOWHERE NEAR that of Garrett, he was in the wrong clearly trying to pull the guys helmet off.
    Take that out and the whole series of events does not happen.
    Actually no. If Garrett wouldn't have hit him late and then continue to force his body weight on him while trying to manipulate Rudolph's head/neck area, nothing else would have happened.

  3. #63
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Actually no. If Garrett wouldn't have hit him late and then continue to force his body weight on him while trying to manipulate Rudolph's head/neck area, nothing else would have happened.
    For one...officials did not call it "late". Nevertheless, I'd call it a judgement call, he had just gotten the ball off.
    But lets say everything you say is correct. You seem to imply I said Rudolph "started" it. I did not say that, I am specific and intention with my wording.
    I "know" that is questionable.

    I agree if Garrett just did nothing on the play it does not happen. Heck the game was over.
    Lets agree and blame Garrett 100 percent for starting it.

    Does not at all negate what I said one bit.

    If Mason does not go after Garrett's helmet...what ensued never happens. He contributed mightily to the chaos.
    Heck after Garrett has his helmet, dude DELIBERATELY put himself in harms way when Garrett was being handled by DeCastro.

    Pouncey, who does not "start" anything is rightly held accountable for his role, Mason should be accountable too.

    (Upside...we'd get to see more of what "Duck" could do if Mason missed a game )

    Again DeCastro...the only one who handled it right.
    Dude should be heralded by the league as an example of how to be a positive force in a heated situation.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-17-2019 at 03:46 PM.

  4. #64
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Masons "see look I got hit" stance almost make me wonder if he KNEW he just ended Garretts season.
    If so it was a VERY clever move, albeit a crazy risk to himself.

    Let me emphasize...Garrett 100 percent deserves "gone".
    He is BY FAR the worse offender, and Masons actions are not close.

    I dont hate that it happened the way it did...our chances just came back with the Browns best player out.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-17-2019 at 03:51 PM.

  5. #65
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Well, anytime someone says, "if he didn't do X, Y would never have happened", usually implies it was their fault.

  6. #66
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Well, anytime someone says, "if he didn't do X, Y would never have happened", usually implies it was their fault.
    And nobody argues Garrett IS at fault. He has the GREATEST fault as his actions involved a weapon.
    Does not negate the fact that Mason was wrong and unquestionably contributed to the ruckus as did Pouncey and the dude who pushed Rudolph.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-17-2019 at 04:07 PM.

  7. #67
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Well, anytime someone says, "if he didn't do X, Y would never have happened", usually implies it was their fault.
    BTW...isnt that your ENTIRE ARGUMENT? If Garrett didnt do X, Y never happens?
    JUSTIFYING Mason because Garrett was wrong!!!

    My point is EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

    X DOES NOT justify Y...FOR EVERYBODY involved!
    Garrett, Mason, Pouncey, the Ravens coward (who pushed Mason rather than dare go after DeCastro who was pancaking Garrett and claimed he was "defending his brother" by pushing down a QB).

    They were ALL wrong for their part.

    ONLY DeCastro was in the right.

    By the logic of YOUR OWN ARGUMENT above...Rudoph has a measure of accountability.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-17-2019 at 04:33 PM.

  8. #68
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    BTW, David DeCastro deserves MAD PROPS for the admirable way he truly PROTECTED the QB.
    Of everbody there he is the ONLY ONE who did the right thing.
    Pouncey was not "protecting" anybody. Pouncey was AVENGING the QB.

    DD handled a crazy situation with courage while keeping his head. Bravo!
    Yep.

    I wouldn't have been surprised if they gave MR a game too. But if they did, I think they may have had to add a game to both the other Brown and Pouncey to keep the relative punishments reasonable.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-17-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  9. #69
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    BTW...isnt that your ENTIRE ARGUMENT? If Garrett didnt do X, Y never happens?
    JUSTIFYING Mason because Garrett was wrong!!!

    My point is EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

    X DOES NOT justify Y...FOR EVERYBODY involved!
    Garrett, Mason, Pouncey, the Ravens coward (who pushed Mason rather than dare go after DeCastro who was pancaking Garrett and claimed he was "defending his brother" by pushing down a QB).

    They were ALL wrong for their part.

    ONLY DeCastro was in the right.
    I'm not sure I'm justifying Rudolph's actions. I'm simply arguing that he doesn't deserve a suspension.
    Why was Decastro right? He didn't have to tackle him. He could have just bear hugged him, pushed him, talk to him or walk away.
    It's everyone's own persperctive what was 'right'.

  10. #70
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm not sure I'm justifying Rudolph's actions. I'm simply arguing that he doesn't deserve a suspension.
    Why was Decastro right? He didn't have to tackle him. He could have just bear hugged him, pushed him, talk to him or walk away.
    It's everyone's own persperctive what was 'right'.
    No it is NOT perspective .

    DD DID push and restrain him. And he slammed a helmet on his QB's head while being restrained thanks to Rudolphs insistence on forcing himself within the radius of Garretts wingspan.
    He THEN tackled and held him down without EVER losing his cool. PERFECTO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •