Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who all gets suspended?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who all gets suspended?

Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension

Posted by Mike Florio on November 15, 2019

The Browns will need to get used to playing without defensive end Myles Garrett.

With only seconds left in Thursday night’s win over over Pittsburgh, Garrett ripped the helmet from Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph and then struck Rudolph in the head with his own helmet.

It’s the most egregious single in-game incident since then-Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth stomped on the forehead of then-Cowboys center Andre Gurode, if not ever. Haynesworth received a five-game suspension for his infraction, a punishment imposed before the league had its player health and safety epiphany in 2009.

Garrett should be bracing for a significant suspension, one that should last at least through the balance of the regular season. Earlier this year, the league suspended Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict 12 games for his latest violation of safety rules.

Here’s the real question: Should Garrett be banished? It was, quite simply, an assault — an act for which he should, in theory, be prosecuted criminally. It happened beyond the confines of a football game, and if something like that happened on the street, Garrett currently would be in jail.

Garrett could have seriously injured Rudolph, or worse. It’s inexcusable, and the league must take serious and decisive action, immediately.

At a time when it has become more and more clear that Colin Kaepernick forfeited his NFL career for engaging in a peaceful protest prior to kickoff, it’s no stretch to argue that Garrett also should forfeit his. The behavior, as teammate Baker Mayfield already has said, is inexcusable. The question is whether it’s also unforgivable.

If it’s true that playing in the NFL is a privilege and not a right, it should be.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-should-expect-a-significant-suspension/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I always thought that the City of Cleveland was dirty but now I think that the Browns are actually dirtier.

Legend

User Info Menu

even in hockey thats a suspension

garrett will get a lengthy one, pouncy will get some games too

Legend

User Info Menu

I still can’t believe what I saw. Let’s call it what it was...assault with a weapon. Garrett will not play another down this season and, quite frankly, should extend into next.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    even in hockey thats a suspension

garrett will get a lengthy one, pouncy will get some games too
    Pouncey better not get a game. What is he supposed to do? Stand around and watch? That was ugly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Pouncey better not get a game. What is he supposed to do? Stand around and watch? That was ugly.
    He should not have kicked the guy. I think it was DD who just pinned Garrett to the ground.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Oh Pouncey is getting suspended for sure, he was throwing haymakers and then kicked the guy in the head a few times while he was pinned down.
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 11-15-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

yea.. i look for pouncy to be out 2-4 weeks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hopefully this rallies the team the rest of the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Obvious hate crime.
    Charge them for it.