Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, That Game ...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I don't think we "need" all of those turnovers to beat teams hell despite missing Conner, Juju, and Johnson, we still were only down a score. We had plenty of opportunities to win that game, what we "need" is better QB play.
    I don't know. Without those things, we probably only beat the Bengals this year.

Our O was bad before and last night everyone got hurt so we had the back ups to the guys that aren't that good.

I think going forward MR will see lots of overload blitzes. He doesn't make decisions quickly and I think teams will force the issue.

And what's the downside? A deep pass to Holton that goes incomplete?
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Everyone is bad on offense.

No bright spots.

Every time I think Mason is improving he turns around and reminds me why he didn’t get drafted earlier. Dude is stiff as hell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I don't know. Without those things, we probably only beat the Bengals this year.

Our O was bad before and last night everyone got hurt so we had the back ups to the guys that aren't that good.

I think going forward MR will see lots of overload blitzes. He doesn't make decisions quickly and I think teams will force the issue.

And what's the downside? A deep pass to Holton that goes incomplete?
    Yea,... Holton...scary receiver said no one ever.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Without this D we are probably 1-8 or even winless.

The O has been that bad lately. Seemed to get worse the more they play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

I don't think Duck is the QB of the future. I actually don't think MR is the QB of the future either since I think Ben plays to the end of this contract (and maybe even beyond).

But could the O really be worse if we put him in?

If we count the TD scored after MRs INT put the Browns on the 4 as being against the O, they're +1 point in 2 games:

Points for 17 (2 TDs, 1 FG)
    Points against 16 (2 TDs, 1 S)

This is in a era when everything favors offenses.

It's certainly not all his fault (no running game and WR drops), but he doesn't seem to be good at going through progressions and making quick decisions.

Lots of road games coming up.

We'll see what Mason does (because I don't think we'll sit him down).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

I think we win that game against the Bengals even with an average D.

But, we lose all the games after that if the D isn't basically spectacular in all of them. And they were all basically home games given the crowd in LA.

We're away in 4 of the next 6 (home against CLE and BUF).

I didn't expect us to win last night, but I thought the O would be able to do something to keep it closer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I don't think Duck is the QB of the future. I actually don't think MR is the QB of the future either since I think Ben plays to the end of this contract (and maybe even beyond).

But could the O really be worse if we put him in?

If we count the TD scored after MRs INT put the Browns on the 4 as being against the O, they're +1 point in 2 games:

Points for 17 (2 TDs, 1 FG)
    Points against 16 (2 TDs, 1 S)

This is in a era when everything favors offenses.

It's certainly not all his fault (no running game and WR drops), but he doesn't seem to be good at going through progressions and making quick decisions.

Lots of road games coming up.

We'll see what Mason does (because I don't think we'll sit him down).
    I knew this year would be ugly once Ben went down.

But not this ugly.

Guys are going down left and right. Not sure anyone could do much better given what we had on offense but I would like to see some swagger from the QB position.

While I don’t think Duck is the future he may give the team new energy.

At least he breaks to pocket and gives himself some throwing lanes.

Mason just stands there and expects everyone to disappear from the pocket.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Maybe it’s just me but it seems like there are more “knocked out cold” concussions now than before the league started its crackdown.
    Did they say Johnson was bleeding from his ear after that helmet to helmet? That's very scary stuff.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Did they say Johnson was bleeding from his ear after that helmet to helmet? That's very scary stuff.
    He was bleeding from his ear.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I don't think we "need" all of those turnovers to beat teams hell despite missing Conner, Juju, and Johnson, we still were only down a score. We had plenty of opportunities to win that game, what we "need" is better QB play.
    And, to stop throwing the effing "go" route on 3rd and 1 after picking up 2 consecutive 1st downs on nice intermediate passes when you're down 1 score and on the plus side (or close to it) of the 50 yard line. Get the 1st down and move on to the next play, that was about as bone-headed a play as I can remember. Yea, with Ben and a good offense, go for it, but not with a struggling quarterback, top 2 WRs out of the game and your top RB out of the game. Holy mother of all things dumb.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland