Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Well, That Game ...

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    was ugly. I guess that will temper some of the lofty expectations for this season that were starting to rise up.
    Yep.

    O still sucks (although everyone was injured).

    We need 3 to 5 turnovers and D TDs to win against teams with good talent.

    But I'd probably worth remembering that road teams on Thursday stunt do well. Maybe not as bad as we looked last night on O?

    Glad we have 10 days to try to get healthy.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Yep.

    O still sucks (although everyone was injured).

    We need 3 to 5 turnovers and D TDs to win against teams with good talent.

    But I'd probably worth remembering that road teams on Thursday stunt do well. Maybe not as bad as we looked last night on O?

    Glad we have 10 days to try to get healthy.
    I don't think we "need" all of those turnovers to beat teams hell despite missing Conner, Juju, and Johnson, we still were only down a score. We had plenty of opportunities to win that game, what we "need" is better QB play.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    There were guys playing on offense that were literally on the practice squad or not on a roster 2 days ago.
    Rudolph is no miracle worker. Amazed they even scored.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There were guys playing on offense that were literally on the practice squad or not on a roster 2 days ago.
    Rudolph is no miracle worker. Amazed they even scored.
    That's no excuse for mis-reading the defenses and throwing into coverage for INT's. That's also no excuse for being so inaccurate and under throwing open receivers consistently. If he was out there playing well and not getting help I would agree with you, but he was just flat out bad.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    This loss wasn't much different from our wins.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    That's no excuse for mis-reading the defenses and throwing into coverage for INT's. That's also no excuse for being so inaccurate and under throwing open receivers consistently. If he was out there playing well and not getting help I would agree with you, but he was just flat out bad.
    What is an excuse is that OL.

    I'm not sold one way or another on Rudolph, but he wasn't supported much last night.

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    The OL played like ass all night. Foster in particular is done. Put in BJ Finney and give Foster his release. Start preparing for next year. This season is over.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    The OL played like ass all night. Foster in particular is done. Put in BJ Finney and give Foster his release. Start preparing for next year. This season is over.
    Add 'Woop Goes Another Snap' Pouncey to that list. His play has been below the line.
    Starting to wonder how much Roethlisberger was covering for poor OL play.

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There were guys playing on offense that were literally on the practice squad or not on a roster 2 days ago.
    Rudolph is no miracle worker. Amazed they even scored.
    I agree, with this...he did have some good throws that were dropped....The OL was not good tonight either.....We have almost no good talent on Offense....nobody....
    Our receivers suck for the most part...Unless we have a second elite WR ...Juju will be doubled up every time....

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Maybe it’s just me but it seems like there are more “knocked out cold” concussions now than before the league started its crackdown.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •