Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Life after Ben isn’t so bad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Life after Ben isn’t so bad

Some people say this is life after Ben.

We have to remember this is Masons 7th start and he hasn’t had a full offseason as the starter.

Also, we still have Ben and AB’s money on the books this year.

Imagine life after Ben with an extra 30 mill to throw at the OL and skill positions.

Offense is fugly as hell right now but once we get in sync I think we will have enough for some splash plays to go with our D.

The way we have addressed offense under Colbert has me feeling much better than if it was defense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we can somehow get the band back together next season with Ben, AB and L. Bell I think we can make one more legit Super Bowl run.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    If we can somehow get the band back together next season with Ben, AB and L. Bell I think we can make one more legit Super Bowl run.
    Serious or sarcastic? Ben may never be the same. AB is a cancerous, moronic headcase that I can't see ever being back on this team. L.Bell is not the same back he was a few years ago and I seriously doubt he's going to take a pay cut to get teh band back together.

Legend

User Info Menu

I kind of think this shows that life after Ben (or at least with the current O) will be rough.

Against competent teams, we need 5 turnovers and a DTD to squeak out a win.

I think life after Ben can be OK to good. But, we need to figure out how to make this O competent.

I know that the Rams also have a good D. But I don't think asking for an O that's better than +1 points per game is a stretch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think life after Ben can be OK to good. But, we need to figure out how to make this O competent.
    I'm still holding out hope that it can be competent this year. It would be a MAJOR improvement if our receivers could start holding on to the ball.

I think Rudolph has potential. But I wish he brought something more energizing to the game right now. He tends to make the easier throws look difficult. I think he's definitely been told to not lose the game. He's playing not to lose. I'd love to see a more confident and decisive passer appear as the season goes on.

Legend

User Info Menu

The potential issue after Ben's numbers come off the books will be paying Dupree, Watt, Fitzpatrick, Juju, Edmunds, Bush and at least 1 corner.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The only reason life without Ben is not so bad is because of the defense. We would be 8-1 if Ben had not gotten hurt. but perhaps we would not have tried to get Minkah. Rudolf is a very conservative afraid to make a mistake QB. He does not get set up until 2 seconds after the ball is snapped. He is an old school QB that requires a good defense and a running game. I don't think he is a top line QB and I don't think he can learn the anticipation thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    The only reason life without Ben is not so bad is because of the defense. We would be 8-1 if Ben had not gotten hurt.
    okay Crash...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If WR’s don’t drop the ball, fumble and Pouncey doesn’t snap like he has Tourette’s we probably win that game 24 to 3.

Also remember we are on our 3rd and 4th RB and Samuels is still getting back into a groove from being out a month.

With a full offseason I don’t think Mason and the WR’s have so many drops.

We also draft well on O. It’s D where we miss more often.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    The only reason life without Ben is not so bad is because of the defense. We would be 8-1 if Ben had not gotten hurt. but perhaps we would not have tried to get Minkah. Rudolf is a very conservative afraid to make a mistake QB. He does not get set up until 2 seconds after the ball is snapped. He is an old school QB that requires a good defense and a running game. I don't think he is a top line QB and I don't think he can learn the anticipation thing.
    Maybe... but we also had a Ben who stinks on the West coast recently. Just awful.

and he takes a few games to get going so maybe we still drop 1 or 2.

Most people had us like 5-3 in the beginning of the season even with Ben but I think that was before we realized this D is special.