Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Life after Ben isn’t so bad

Starter

User Info Menu

Up until this last game it looked like Rudolph was almost saying “pardon me/excuse me” every time he threw the ball. He looked much more confident and in charge this past game, and his passes were a lot more accurate . Without some of those ugly drops this past week we may have been discussing a “coming-out” game for MR. This week vs the Browns: 250 plus yards and 3 tds is my prediction

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post

Not too shabby IMO
    Once Randy actually allows him to go down field a bit, maybe we can establish a bit of a run game.
    A healthy RB1 and FB might help also

Comparing him to a QB picked in the first round, he's progressing pretty well for a 3rd rounder
    Great graphic.

BTW--Compare him to Kyle Allen, who has replaced Cam Newton, from the Panthers and MR looks pretty good.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    Up until this last game it looked like Rudolph was almost saying “pardon me/excuse me” every time he threw the ball. He looked much more confident and in charge this past game, and his passes were a lot more accurate . Without some of those ugly drops this past week we may have been discussing a “coming-out” game for MR. This week vs the Browns: 250 plus yards and 3 tds is my prediction
    Boy, I love this prediction. I'd love to see it happen too. That would be the leap we all are looking for in him. Now, what about the running game?

Starter

User Info Menu

Until Nix returns for Connor to follow, we need the Hulk (Banner) to help as a tackle-eligible.

Improvement by MR to n the passing game won’t hurt either.

I think our offense will surprise this week and have a good game.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this team needs to address the O-line, regardless of who is taking the snaps next season. They got old and did it quickly. Decent on pass protection but the run blocking is not good. Conner wasn't exactly tearing it up and our rushing yards puts us down with the Falcons, Bears, Bengals.

Starter

User Info Menu

Agreed. Like the pass pro, don’t like the run blocking. Seems like the traditional under-center, FB with a two TE or tackle eligible is our best option right now. Perhaps we should use that lineup more and pass out of it more frequently to become less predictable.

Not sure when I look at next years draft prospects which guys may be more studs in the running game that might help right away.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I think this team needs to address the O-line, regardless of who is taking the snaps next season. They got old and did it quickly. Decent on pass protection but the run blocking is not good. Conner wasn't exactly tearing it up and our rushing yards puts us down with the Falcons, Bears, Bengals.
    I didn’t like our RB my committee and think we need a game changer in the backfield.

I would love to see what the Oregon RB can do if we get him in space. Pouncey also did a great job tripping him up in what may have been a decent run outside.

OL looks like they practiced one running play all off season. That damn counter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Fear of Ben is the difference. Bell was not great in predictable runs.

We ran OK, because the pass set up the run period. This line was ALWAYS overated as a run line.

DeCastro is the ONLY guy who is a powerful run blocker. And teams know this.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Ghost, you really think the O-line just got old? I think it's more then likely the O-line coach is not good.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yea. Exactly what I was thinking. Roethlisberger wasn't exactly lighting things up without AB.
    Kinda agree with this. Ben wasn't clicking in the passing game and we can't blame it all on Moncrief's drops either.