Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Life after Ben isn’t so bad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Apparently a lot because it cost him his career and as much as he is celebrated he is hated. The reason he has support and other organizations are willing to get behind him is because the cause is one worth fighting for. In my opinion the NFL dropped the ball on this situation, something that could of been a positive campaign for the league turned into a turned into a negative.
    What is he doing about the "cause"?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    What is he doing about the "cause"?
    You ever heard of google? You should try it sometimes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    You ever heard of google? You should try it sometimes.
    Yup, it says he chicken sh!tted out on his privileged workout that they nfl handed him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I disagree the workout by the NFL was Bs, it puts him in a position where he has to agree to it. Evey team is free to workout Kap anytime they want, if he is truly free to sign then he is already a free agent he doesnt need the NFL workout. All changing the place of the workout did was weed out which teams were actually interested in signing him, they know he didn't have a chance signing with most of the teams.
    Then why did he agree to it in the first place? Obvious answer -- he wanted the publicity of being able to pull out and play the "victim" card. He's a phony.

You're right that he doesn't need the NFL workout -- he is free to go work out with any team at any time. Why doesn't he do that? I think you're too smart to not see through his shenanigans.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Then why did he agree to it in the first place? Obvious answer -- he wanted the publicity of being able to pull out and play the "victim" card. He's a phony.

You're right that he doesn't need the NFL workout -- he is free to go work out with any team at any time. Why doesn't he do that? I think you're too smart to not see through his shenanigans.
    Think again. Racism is a strong emotion.

Banned

User Info Menu

I hate to say it but the guy didn't act like he actually wants to work in the NFL again. You don't come to a workout wearing a shirt saying, " Kunta Kente" on it. Which turned scouts off right there.

Then tell Goodall and owners to stop running? Running from what? I listened to his tone and it was a total turn off. I think he's happy playing a Martyr at this point. If he thinks of himself as such, then he's delusional.

Banned

User Info Menu

It's not so much his shenanigans; it's the league trying to also clean up this image just ahead of the collective bargaining agreement discussions that are right around the corner. This was still a bit of a black cloud so the league can now say, " We set him up with a workout for the teams but he flip flopped it all around to a circus". Which he did. When you want to work for someone, you don't wear a shirt that refers to you as a slave and basically implying the owners are slave masters. That doesn't indear you to the owners.

Legend

User Info Menu

Think again. Racism is a strong emotion.
    Racism is bias based on the idea of the SUPERIORITY of one race over another.
    It is more than bias.

How specifically has Kaepernick done that?

Family pick with the beloved parents who raised him.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yup, it says he chicken sh!tted out on his privileged workout that they nfl handed him.
    That’s a totally different topic from the “cause” you asked about.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW whatever, try hearing his stories about his parents having to defend him against racial taunts they heard because people did not know he was their son.
    His mom had to tell people off at baseball games when he was a kid because of their comments.

Adopted, loved dearly by his family but constantly reminded he was "different" in his mostly white community.
    That stuff shapes a kid, you have no idea why he is so obsessed with issues of racial inequities.

Dude might be oversensitive in the eyes of many. Can you not see how that might happen?

And YOU accuse HIM of racism?

DUDE IS BI-RACIAL.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-18-2019 at 12:49 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher