Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Life after Ben isnít so bad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I missed the games where MR was putting up monster numbers before the concussion.

One silver lining is we’ve learned what we got before Ben retires. Work is needed at the position before he hangs them up for good.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I missed the games where MR was putting up monster numbers before the concussion.

One silver lining is we’ve learned what we got before Ben retires. Work is needed at the position before he hangs them up for good.
    No one ever said he put up monster numbers.

The first game when he took over for Ben he hit Vance for 2 TD’s and was making throws with confidence.

That’s not the case anymore.

We don’t need monster numbers. What we need is consistency and better pocket presence.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    No one ever said he put up monster numbers.

The first game when he took over for Ben he hit Vance for 2 TD’s and was making throws with confidence.

That’s not the case anymore.

We don’t need monster numbers. What we need is consistency and better pocket presence.
    So he’s regressed to the point where we have a gun shy QB. Not all of this is on Rudolph but I’ve never seen an offense this incompetent. Injuries or not...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So he’s regressed to the point where we have a gun shy QB. Not all of this is on Rudolph but I’ve never seen an offense this incompetent. Injuries or not...
    Maybe he had 1 read his first few games and the more they have opened it up the more he struggles with finding the open man.

I think it’s a combo of things. Injuries to key players AND trying to go downfield while having a terrible internal clock.

Sometimes Mason looks like he has no fear of getting hit by the rush and it’s almost a surprise that after 3 or 4 seconds he is getting contact while throwing.

He just needs to slide and move his damn feet. I’m seeing a lot of tip toe passes where it’s all arm and he doesn’t have that type of arm strength to make those throws.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They had a 14.2% success rate on 3rd & 4th downs vs the Browns. I think you need to temper those high expectations of yours...

Legend

User Info Menu

Rudolph seems to be in a fragile state and that's not something you want from a future franchise QB.
    Remembering Roethlisberger's first season, I don't think I would ever describe his game as 'fragile'.
    The scouting report posted earlier is about as spot on as it gets for describing Rudolph's game. I would swear it was written just last week.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 11-19-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I don’t think he was all that impressive vs Rams. He didn’t give the game away but it wasn’t a game that made me think Mason has turned the corner.

It was another “glad the D played lights out” observation.

I’m just not seeing the throws I would expect from Mason at this point in the season.

I know the WR’s dropped a few but still, he didn’t play a strong game vs the Rams.
    I agree that it wasn't especially good.

That's not the same as saying it was one if his better games. I don't think he's had any game that was especially good.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-19-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Lets hope that helmet to the noggin woke him up...
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Lets hope that helmet to the noggin woke him up...
    I hope he at least learned it's pretty dumb to charge a 285-lb. D-lineman when your helmet is off

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm getting pretty nervous about life without Ben. I don't think Rudolph or Duck is the long-term answer. I think the search continues for a true franchise QB.