Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Life after Ben isnít so bad

Legend

User Info Menu

Dont need the drama, pass and let it go
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If he really wanted to play, he wouldn't be agreeing to something with the NFL, and then changing it up an hour beforehand. If he really wanted to play, he'd have done this workout exactly the way they said they wanted it done. As an employee, I've never been able to dictate to my employer the terms of interviews, or change the format up at the last minute to do it the way I wanted to. He doesn't want to play. He wants to draw attention to himself, and try to make the NFL look bad, and cause people to feel like he's a victim.
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Word on the street is that Kaepernick sucked in his private workout. Lead feet, lack of anaerobic capacity (max VO2), failure to velocilize the ball, lateral dysphasia. Some other stuff too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Word on the street is that Kaepernick sucked in his private workout. Lead feet, lack of anaerobic capacity (max VO2), failure to velocilize the ball, lateral dysphasia. Some other stuff too.
    There was a time I could throw footballs all over the place and run around in gym shorts under no pressure. I just wouldn't have screwed with my potential bosses and worn an "I'm some sort of oppressed" t shirt.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    not taking sides here.. i admire his courage to speak out against police brutality. i believe he chose the wrong platform.

The thing that really killed me was the socks.
    He only cares about "alleged" police brutality against blacks. If he really though it was an issue, race wouldn't matter.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What courage does it take to speak out against police brutality? He is celebrated as a leader and hero; makes millions from Nike and apparently phinagled a big monetary settlement from the league. What a tough life.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If he really wanted to play, he wouldn't be agreeing to something with the NFL, and then changing it up an hour beforehand. If he really wanted to play, he'd have done this workout exactly the way they said they wanted it done. As an employee, I've never been able to dictate to my employer the terms of interviews, or change the format up at the last minute to do it the way I wanted to. He doesn't want to play. He wants to draw attention to himself, and try to make the NFL look bad, and cause people to feel like he's a victim.
    I disagree the workout by the NFL was Bs, it puts him in a position where he has to agree to it. Evey team is free to workout Kap anytime they want, if he is truly free to sign then he is already a free agent he doesnt need the NFL workout. All changing the place of the workout did was weed out which teams were actually interested in signing him, they know he didn't have a chance signing with most of the teams.
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 11-18-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    What courage does it take to speak out against police brutality? He is celebrated as a leader and hero; makes millions from Nike and apparently phinagled a big monetary settlement from the league. What a tough life.
    Hes also one of the most hated people in football

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Apparently a lot because it cost him his career and as much as he is celebrated he is hated. The reason he has support and other organizations are willing to get behind him is because the cause is one worth fighting for. In my opinion the NFL dropped the ball on this situation, something that could of been a positive campaign for the league turned into a turned into a negative.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

His career was pretty much over anyway. It certainly is now. Yet he gets favorable coverage in the media for his supposed “courage”. As for being “hated” by people he doesn’t even know, what makes you think
    he gives a damn? He’s laughing all the way to the bank. Courage, my ass.