Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Life after Ben isnít so bad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Yes. And right now, I'm feeling that life after Ben is rather bad until Rudolph shows me otherwise. Hopefully this weekend!
    Life after Ben keeps getting worse with Rudolph. I really think the concussion has done more damage than we may want to admit.

He looks terrible right now and I’m losing the little bit of faith I had in him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Life after Ben wasn’t bad.

Life after Ben, Conner, Snell, Tuitt, JuJu, Dionte Johnson, Nix...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Life after Ben keeps getting worse with Rudolph. I really think the concussion has done more damage than we may want to admit.

He looks terrible right now and Iím losing the little bit of faith I had in him.
    Very possible the concussion has something to do with it. He was knocked out cold. That was one of the worse I've seen.

You do wonder the extent of damage concussions can do. I know that AB was always a head-case but it wasn't until after the Burfict hit that he really came unglued. Could it have anything to do with that or just coincidence? Who knows.

Now is when it would be nice to have a veteran backup rather than a rookie. It was nice when we had Charlie Batch as the backup. We could really use our Nick Foles about now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Life after Ben wasn’t bad.

And throw in that Pouncey forgot how to snap and AV was getting embarrassed against the Clowns.

The offense has become a real mess.

The number of injuries, including to Rudolph, is stunning.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He looks terrible right now and I’m losing the little bit of faith I had in him.
    Not sure it's the concussion.

Many have talked about the game against the Rams as being among his best even if it didn't get the results.

I think he's just not all that good (right now at least).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Not sure it's the concussion.

Many have talked about the game against the Rams as being among his best even if it didn't get the results.

I think he's just not all that good (right now at least).
    I don’t think he was all that impressive vs Rams. He didn’t give the game away but it wasn’t a game that made me think Mason has turned the corner.

It was another “glad the D played lights out” observation.

I’m just not seeing the throws I would expect from Mason at this point in the season.

I know the WR’s dropped a few but still, he didn’t play a strong game vs the Rams.

Legend

User Info Menu

personally, I think the offense itself needs to have an overhaul for MR. They need an offense that limits his reads and gets the ball out on time and in rhythm. Of course, this requires WRs to get open for MR, which seems to be a struggle as well. MR should never be in a 5 wide, no back, no TE look, never ever, he can't deal with the pressure that the defense will bring. He should always have a back in to pick up a blitzing player, whether it be a LB, safety or CB. He needs help, Fichtner has to give it to him in the form of an offense that at least gives him a chance to succeed. He may be a football junkie and know what to do because he studies but at this point, he is incapable of taking that knowledge and putting it into action during a game, the game happens faster on the field than it does on a projected image on the wall.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.18 - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama
    2.49 -
    4.114 -
    4.117 -
    6.179 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Life after Ben wasnít bad.

dont forget Samuels. He was out for an extended period after Ben went down.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

While everyone else is calling for Devlin Hodges to start I’m gonna be one of the first Steelers fans to say that I am ready for the Paxton Lynch era to begin.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd have to go back and look (which I'm not going to do) but it seems by my recollection that there are many passes going to the RBs on check downs, but I don't remember many set screens - where the RB (or maybe TE or WR) is set as the primary receiver on a quick screen. This was often called for Ben, it would bring up the D early, and give him more room downfield later in the game. Could it be because the D is all already so close to the line? There are other ways to get the ball out of the QB's hand quicker, just have to figure out that way.

If we have noticed that MR has looked awful in the pocket then stop putting him in the pocket for every pass. Quick hitters or roll outs should at least be tried. If you can't pull the D away from the line at least make them spread out instead of letting them stand so close to the middle of the LOS. That would help open up the running game as well.
    Last edited by steeler_fan_in_t.o.; 11-19-2019 at 11:50 AM.