Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Life after Ben isnít so bad

Legend

User Info Menu

So far, life after Ben feels kind of like the 90s Steelers, but with a weaker running game. A team built on defense. I think most of the 90s Steelers teams had a better offense than what we've seen so far, but if this team can overcome the drops and mistakes, I think the offense can be adequate.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    So far, life after Ben feels kind of like the 90s Steelers, but with a weaker running game. A team built on defense. I think most of the 90s Steelers teams had a better offense than what we've seen so far, but if this team can overcome the drops and mistakes, I think the offense can be adequate.
    You can only go so far being unable to run the ball. But we got the browns next so let's ride the wave.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that it can be competent this year. It would be a MAJOR improvement if our receivers could start holding on to the ball.

I think Rudolph has potential. But I wish he brought something more energizing to the game right now. He tends to make the easier throws look difficult. I think he's definitely been told to not lose the game. He's playing not to lose. I'd love to see a more confident and decisive passer appear as the season goes on.
    My view too

I actually think that Rudolph wont be as good as Ben but could be like Derek Carr which a team can win with but wont get carried by

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Life after Ben for the offense looks scary right now, I get that Rudolph has only played a few games and that Ben wasnt fantastic in his first few games but that doesnt mean Rudolph will turn into Ben. I would say life after looks uncertain.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    If WRís donít drop the ball, fumble and Pouncey doesnít snap like he has Touretteís we probably win that game 24 to 3.

Also remember we are on our 3rd and 4th RB and Samuels is still getting back into a groove from being out a month.

With a full offseason I donít think Mason and the WRís have so many drops.

We also draft well on O. Itís D where we miss more often.
    Boom.......................
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not too shabby IMO
    Once Randy actually allows him to go down field a bit, maybe we can establish a bit of a run game.
    A healthy RB1 and FB might help also

Comparing him to a QB picked in the first round, he's progressing pretty well for a 3rd rounder
    Last edited by pittpete; 11-11-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Boom.......................
    x2...........

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Life after Ben for the offense looks scary right now, I get that Rudolph has only played a few games and that Ben wasnt fantastic in his first few games but that doesnt mean Rudolph will turn into Ben. I would say life after looks uncertain.
    Yep.

On the other hand, if Ben comes back as Ben, and gets anything close to this defense on his team, we will be serious Super Bowl contenders.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    okay Crash...
    Yea. Exactly what I was thinking. Roethlisberger wasn't exactly lighting things up without AB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Once Randy actually allows him to go down field a bit, maybe we can establish a bit of a run game.
    from what I've heard and read, that is not the reason. they want him to throw down the field more