Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I was wrong about Tomlin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was wrong about Tomlin.

I thought that he ran his course here, boy was I wrong.
    He's doing all of this without
    PB Rb
    PB QB
    PB WR
    DL who was one of the best players this year on defense and HAVEN'T MISSED ONE BEAT!!!!!!
    I also forgot, with rookie and new starters ever where..
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 11-11-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    PB Rb
    PB QB
    PB WR
    DL who was one of the best players this year on defense and HAVEN'T MISSED ONE BEAT!!!!!!
    I think it's refreshing when we admit that we were wrong about things.

I thought that the Minkah trade was desperate and bound to blow up in our faces.

I thought this because I also thought our ceiling this year was something like 6 wins.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think it's refreshing when we admit that we were wrong about things.

I thought that the Minkah trade was desperate and bound to blow up in our faces.

I thought this because I also thought our ceiling this year was something like 6 wins.
    We may well pick up our 6th win Thursday night

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    We may well pick up our 6th win Thursday night
    Yep. Happy to be wrong on this one.

Here's another one I want to be wrong about. I think we lose this Thursday against the Browns.

Road teams on Thursday don't do great historically.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

this one... i was wrong, too. partly cuz i like Sean Davis as an enforcer who occasionally made plays and partly because the secondary wasn't "bad" (although it wasn't GREAT).

I love that we're seeing more man-to-man coverage. This defense could cover the pats. With Ben, THIS team could be really good. Here's to hoping he comes back good, the older guys don't miss a beat AND next year's team is relatively injury free.

That we're sitting in the 6 seed right now is mind boggling...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    this one... i was wrong, too. partly cuz i like Sean Davis as an enforcer who occasionally made plays and partly because the secondary wasn't "bad" (although it wasn't GREAT).

I love that we're seeing more man-to-man coverage. This defense could cover the pats. With Ben, THIS team could be really good. Here's to hoping he comes back good, the older guys don't miss a beat AND next year's team is relatively injury free.

That we're sitting in the 6 seed right now is mind boggling...
    And we've got a reasonable schedule moving forward.

It's possible that we finish as well or better than we did last year. Which is insane given the loss of Ben.

But, I keep waiting for games where the D is just good instead of elite. I'd feel much better if we could "level up" the O to average.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

what does Tomlin do great as a HC?

He lost the locker room?

At least his players play hard... yuck yuck yuck.

Man, this board really trashed Tomlin and his supporters after 3 games.

Kudos to Ovi, Wizard, Ruthless and others who supported the team when things were rough.

Letís get another W this Thursday!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    PB Rb
    PB QB
    PB WR
    I also forgot, with rookie and new starters ever where..
    Yes...you and many others have been wrong about Tomlin

You should just listen to your elders

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And we've got a reasonable schedule moving forward.

It's possible that we finish as well or better than we did last year. Which is insane given the loss of Ben.

But, I keep waiting for games where the D is just good instead of elite. I'd feel much better if we could "level up" the O to average.
    NB. I’ve come to the conclusion this insane D is just our normal D.

Reminds me when we had the stout run D and we would get upset when we saw a team get a 5 yard gain on the ground.

I really feel like every time our D takes the field we are going to see someone make a play or put a hurting on the QB.

It’s not a fluke if it happens every week.

I would seriously be terrified if I was a QB facing us this year. You could see it on Goffs first possession. They know we are coming and there is nothing they can do about it because we get pressure with 4 people.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One thing I've learned about TOMLIN is he understands the game - however i've always been disappointed in many ways he's managed the game within the game.
    Certainly he's stepped up w/ management and went after players in positions the Steelers were barely adequate and slightly lacking.
    HADEN, NELSON, BUSH & FITZPATRICK were certainly acknowledgments to inefficiencies and all 4 have worked out perfectly. I gotta give that credit to Coach T and Colbert for recognizing and not sitting back and depending on the Killer B's to get the job done. That ship has sailed and DEFENSE is back in the STEEL CITY
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!