Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I was wrong about Tomlin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think playing the Pats, Seahawks and 49ers in the first 3 games skewed things.

Im curious if it’s a huge leap or normal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I think playing the Pats, Seahawks and 49ers in the first 3 games skewed things.

Im curious if it’s a huge leap or normal.
    At the end of the first month that NE offense was 15th, SEA was 13th, and SF was 4th in yds/gm.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Last night was a terrible night for the Tomlin-haters. Tomlin's performance, and then on the flip side, their coaching god McVay was shown to be an inept girly-man. Disgusting. I'd be enraged if I was a Tomlin-hater. I don't know what I'd do. Maybe take a baseball bat to my neighbor's mailbox. Something to relieve the mounting internal pressure.
    Definitely hasn't been a good past few weeks for the fire Tomlin crowd.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I

When you're a 30+ year old who's original team gave up on you because you didn't live up to expectations and are now a back up, why are you still treated as great because you were once a top 11 pick (TA, MB)?

it wasn't a talent issue with haden. more so being injured and a cap casualty, and the contract he got illustrates that

if not like he was waived because he sucked like heyward bey or never lived up to his billing like Alualu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Those dudes are simmering right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    They are there hiding in the shadows hoping that we lose to a 3-6 Browns team so they can spin up the "lose to lesser teams" theme. They will attribute the last 4 weeks to a fluke.

The reality is that what Tomlin has done from a leadership standpoint is tremendous. Every national media show has been talking about it. That is the problem with the Fantasy Football addicts where leadership has no bearing and its about stats and schemes totally miss the point and fall for short term flukes like McVey. Being in charge of 53 diverse men is a leadership challenge and a great leader is needed. We got one.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 11-12-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They are there hiding in the shadows hoping that we lose to a 3-6 Browns team so they can spin up the "lose to lesser teams" theme. They will attribute the last 4 weeks to a fluke.

The reality is that what Tomlin has done from a leadership standpoint is tremendous. Every national media show has been talking about it. That is the problem with the Fantasy Football addicts where leadership has no bearing and its about stats and schemes totally miss the point and fall for short term flukes like McVey. Being in charge of 53 diverse men is a leadership challenge and a great leader is needed. We got one.
    The Saints just lost to Atlanta.

Miami just beat Indy.

The people who love to talk about Sean Payton as a guru aren’t invested emotionally in him so a loss is glossed over or ignored.

On any given Sunday you can lose.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    it wasn't a talent issue with haden. more so being injured and a cap casualty, and the contract he got illustrates that

if not like he was waived because he sucked like heyward bey or never lived up to his billing like Alualu
    Yep.

Haden is a case where his talent and pedigree are somewhat aligned.

But, it's just not the case with many 1st round picks (I referenced Alualu and Barron in the last post).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Funny how the Tomlin lovers want him for coty, yet when he failed the previous 8 years, it was the players fault.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Funny how the Tomlin lovers want him for coty, yet when he failed the previous 8 years, it was the players fault.
    Was going to the championship game a "failure"?