Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we really afford to....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers rarely lose anyone that they want to retain.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Question: does a team have to allocate cap space for contract incentives? For example, a QB getting a million $ bonus for a SB appearance?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Question: does a team have to allocate cap space for contract incentives? For example, a QB getting a million $ bonus for a SB appearance?
    It may be the NHL I'm thinking of, but I thought incentives were tiered (likely, unlikely, etc). Likely incentives count this year. Unlikely that are achieved pushed to next year.

Might be NHL though. Hard to keep everything straight
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...let Bud Dupree leave as a free agent? The guy has been a big part of the defenses success and we still don't have a starter in the wings ready to step in.

I think we need to try real hard to sign him. IMO he is a higher priority than Hargrave.
    After we win the SuperBowl this year, will we really need Ben back? Perhaps we can use his savings on the D?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    But, O.Kahn is a wizard so maybe we can make something work.
    Omar Khan, our capologist, is amazing and should get a lot of credit for keeping our core together. Itís time for him to work his magic again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Easy solution...
    Cut VW, Chik and Foster..... Done!!!! 15 million a year salary right there
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It may be the NHL I'm thinking of, but I thought incentives were tiered (likely, unlikely, etc). Likely incentives count this year. Unlikely that are achieved pushed to next year.

Might be NHL though. Hard to keep everything straight

pretty sure that the NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'd like to bring back both, but I suspect it will be very hard to do so. If the defense keeps playing as well as it is, their value will likely be further inflated in the market. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Dupree, but Hargrave will be a big loss. He's a huge part of the reason why the Steelers have been able to overcome the loss of Tuitt.
    read somewhere, with all the sub packages, that he only gets 50% of the snaps.
    not sure if that has changed since tuiit is out.

but paying someone big money for that would not be wise

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hargrave is one of the reasons we won yesterday.

I think his contributions are more impactful than his stats.

Hopefully we can work it out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    read somewhere, with all the sub packages, that he only gets 50% of the snaps.
    not sure if that has changed since tuiit is out.

but paying someone big money for that would not be wise
    Before Tuitt was injured, that was definitely right. He was playing 50% or less. I haven't seen a snap count, but it seemed like Hargrave and Heyward were getting the bulk of the snaps against the Rams. I'd be surprised if he wasn't closer to 70% in that game.