Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomlin got these boys playing hard

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin's doing some great work, but with the hamstrung offense, I think we should be trying more on ST. Finally we get Johnson on PR and he looked electrifying compared to Switzer fair catching or running out of bounds. Of course he fumbled and we're back to Switzer, but I have to believe there's more options for PR and KR duties.

Our ST has to help our O more.

And we need to stop fumbling. Tomlin should take some air out of the balls. According to the Pats, it helps.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really hope Switzer isn’t back there next week. Dude is awful.

Anyone who defended his roster spot needs to walk the plank.

That catch at the 5 was so selfish.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I really hope Switzer isn’t back there next week. Dude is awful.

Anyone who defended his roster spot needs to walk the plank.

That catch at the 5 was so selfish.
    I've been hopeful about him, but finally gave up. I liked his game in college and really thought if he got a full offseason with the team under his belt, he'd perform. Unfortunately, I think he looks like he plays scared. I think he probably has the talent, but maybe he's just too little and took a hit he didn't like or something. And if it's true, no shame in it. He is literally way smaller than the average NFL player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Three of Rudolphís four INTs this year hit the intended receivers in the hands first.
    Yep... and one of those receivers is not even on the roster anymore.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Tomlin's doing some great work, but with the hamstrung offense, I think we should be trying more on ST. Finally we get Johnson on PR and he looked electrifying compared to Switzer fair catching or running out of bounds. Of course he fumbled and we're back to Switzer, but I have to believe there's more options for PR and KR duties.

Our ST has to help our O more.

And we need to stop fumbling. Tomlin should take some air out of the balls. According to the Pats, it helps.
    I agree.

But the flip side of this is that he had some bobbles in college and preseason.

I like putting DJ back there, but it might come at the cost of some poorly timed turnovers.

I'd actually really like to see Sutton get a chance too. Seems like he was sure handed doing it in the preseason. Or maybe I'm misremembering?
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’m fine with Switzer just fair catching it unless it’s inside the 10.

That’s his best contribution to the team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Iím fine with Switzer just fair catching it unless itís inside the 10.

Thatís his best contribution to the team.
    Probably his only contribution to the team unfortunately. He has sure hands for fair catches. But it's painful to watch him try to do anything else with it. He seems to try hard but he's slow without any moves to make anyone miss.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I think this season is Tomlin's best coaching job yet...
    naah. fire him. now... other coaches would be undefeated with this mess....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!