Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin got these boys playing hard

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Biggest change is the defense.

Maybe I’m wrong but the drama was mostly on offense and our offense still stinks... lol.

It’s Nelson, Minkah, Watt, Dupree, etc.

Maybe it’s not having Peezy at LB coach or Lake coaching the secondary as well?
    Ya I'm not sure not having those offensive guys has made us a better team, the defense is better no question, but offensively we have a long way to go.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You guys DO know that the offense did not have Conner, Snell and Nix yesterday...donít you? Thatís about 80% of the running game. So itís all on Rudolph. The opposing defense didnít even have to worry about a running threat. Not to mention that receivers dropped four catchable balls yesterday. Yet I see ridiculous posts comparing Rudolph unfavorably to Benís rookie year. The Steelers had a much better running game in 2004 and Ben could get by throwing 18 or 20 passes per game. Give Rudolph a break.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 11-11-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Minkah has 7 turnovers. Nelson is playing lights out.

I donít even think it was about regaining the team as much as itís about regaining a defense.

Our O is still pitiful.

Imagine this defense with our drama Bís 2 years ago?
    Im okay with this... no question the defense is the primary reason for our (Tomlin's success) this year. Undoubtedly the chemistry in the locker room has helped Tomlin and staff focus on the task at hand... minus the distractions that AB and Bell brought to the team. Truth be told, Im sure the lack of coverage is a welcome change for the guys in the locker room. I'd imagine some of them have even found a love for the game again.

In terms of what our team could have been two years ago with this defense... the possibilities are endless. I wouldn't put it past that clown AB to bench himself or do something completely stupid to blow up the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    You guys DO know that the offense did not have Conner, Snell and Nix yesterday...don’t you? That’s about 80% of the running game. So it’s all on Rudolph. The opposing defense didn’t even have to worry about a running threat. Not to mention that receivers dropped four catchable balls yesterday. Yet I see ridiculous posts comparing Rudolph unfavorably to Ben’s rookie year. The Steelers had a much better running game in 2004 and Ben could get by throwing 18 or 20 passes per game. Give Rudolph a break.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Lots of credit to Juju on this.

And to the D, who keep carrying the team.
    Juju been a great teammate this season when he could easily start barking about not getting the ball.

But I am disappointed with his play. Guy has not been the clutch WR he has been in the past. Some drops really hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Juju been a great teammate this season when he could easily start barking about not getting the ball.

But I am disappointed with his play. Guy has not been the clutch WR he has been in the past. Some drops really hurt.
    I think he had 3 catches for 44. That drop he had could have put him together a decent game stat wise. The fumble earlier in the year that cost us a chance at the end of the game really hurt... hopefully his confidence isn't shaken too bad.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

JuJu has definitely been a disappointment this year. Almost had another drop that was intercepted.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Im okay with this... no question the defense is the primary reason for our (Tomlin's success) this year. Undoubtedly the chemistry in the locker room has helped Tomlin and staff focus on the task at hand... minus the distractions that AB and Bell brought to the team. Truth be told, Im sure the lack of coverage is a welcome change for the guys in the locker room. I'd imagine some of them have even found a love for the game again.

In terms of what our team could have been two years ago with this defense... the possibilities are endless. I wouldn't put it past that clown AB to bench himself or do something completely stupid to blow up the team.
    Maybe Iím reaching but it just sounds like people are trying to use the recent winning streak to bash former players and that doesnít make sense to me.

As critical as I am of Ben Iím not going to say the lack of a radio show or not having Benís passive aggressive leadership is a reason Tomlin is doing a great coaching job.

Tomlin and company are doing what they have always done but they finally have the talent on D for execution.

Seriously, our offense almost scored more points for the other team than for us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe I’m reaching but it just sounds like people are trying to use the recent winning streak to bash former players and that doesn’t make sense to me.

As critical as I am of Ben I’m not going to say the lack of a radio show or not having Ben’s passive aggressive leadership is a reason Tomlin is doing a great coaching job.

Tomlin and company are doing what they have always done but they finally have the talent on D for execution.

Seriously, our offense almost scored more points for the other team than for us.
    You are reaching... while downplaying the importance of team chemistry as it relates to success in team sports.

and that offensive touchdown was all on our "All pro" center. Not saying you are doing this... but some "Knee jerk" posters on here would love to put that one on Rudolph also.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Three of Rudolph’s four INTs this year hit the intended receivers in the hands first.