Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D fn fense

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    nelson is having himself a heck of a year also. this is the best secondary weve had in a long time
    Agree Ernie. And PFF has him ranked as one of the better CBs in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

cant draft corners worth a crap.. but has done a good job plugging in guys from other squads this year.. sadly.. cam sutton may be tomlins best CB draft pick. Suttons turning into a pretty solid cb... but i would expect more in his 13 years to be honest
    Also drafted Gay LATE who was small and slow and unable to make the roster in AZ, a key figure in several number one Steeler defenses.
    Keenan Lewis started in a number one pass defense as well, led the league in passes defensed.

People forget the only 2 first round corners Cowher drafted were Deon Figures and Chad Scott.

The only pro bowl secondary picked after Noll was Troy. Not one corner, Elite secondary...particularly corners tend to go early. Later rare "gems" are hard to predict.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-10-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yea, I don't understand this 'have to poach other teams' players ' mentality. Gotta give credit to them for recognizing what the problems are and going out to address them. They grabbed the right players from other teams. Whether they drafted them or not is immaterial. Tomlin and Colbert have built a powerhouse defense that could become one of their best.

Legend

User Info Menu

i forgot about big play willie gay.. he was one of the "retreads" along with larry foote.. who came back and had some productive years.. Kennen Lewis was let go too soon. would have loved to see him hit his prime in black and gold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Agree Ernie. And PFF has him ranked as one of the better CBs in the league.
    Not LAST YEAR as a Chief....but "Tomlin" is why corners cant play.

Legend

User Info Menu

i forgot about big play willie gay.. he was one of the "retreads" along with larry foote.. who came back and had some productive years.. Kennen Lewis was let go too soon. would have loved to see him hit his prime in black and gold.
    He DID play his prime in Black and Gold....the other kind.

Legend

User Info Menu

Take Minkah for example. Tomlin made clear he scouted and wanted him. Pursued him. Considering there was NO WAY he falls to us, he likely tried to move up.
    Tells me he "settled" for Edmonds.

Minkah would have been the choice if he had the chance.

What if Cowher was denied the trade to get Troy?
    Forgettable Mike Doss is likely the guy. Do the Steelers still just have 4 Noll rings if THAT happens?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don’t care how you build a D... especially a great one.