Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Week 10: LA Rams @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    That's where Im at. I think this team has a chance to make a run... and I (or anyone else making that comment a few weeks ago) would have been laughed off of this forum by saying that.
    I said it weeks ago and people laughed.

The “play hard” is a dig that came up after I gave the team credit for battling in those early losses to Seattle and San Fran.

We’ve been in every game except one this year and that’s what makes Tomlin a great coach. 90% of the time we have a chance to win our games late in the fourth.

That’s not luck, that’s not in spite of, that’s because we have a good coaching staff.

Sure the O stinks but we don’t have the talent on O right now. Even with Conner, Snell, Nix the offense isn’t scary this year but it can do enough to win a few games if they stop turning it over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I watched every second of every game in 2004 and IMO, Rudolph compares favorably to Ben. The Steelers in 2004 had a running game and a better all-around supporting cast. It is indeed foolish to write off MR after seven games. Get Conner and Snell healthy again and see what happens.
    There's a big difference between the 2 of them. And it's arm strength. Ben has a cannon. MR has a squirt gun.

Ben's arm has overcome his play for most of his career. Mason needs to be smarter and play a lot smarter and that's just going to take time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I get frustrated with Mason also but then I think back to another QB who struggled. This guy took over the starting job his second year also. Here are his stats for his first 2 years as a starter

Year 1 - 320 out of 526 for a 60.8% completion percentage with 17 TDs and 16 interceptions
    Year 2 - 205 out of 356 for a 57.6% completion percentage with 11 TDs and 15 interceptions (9 games)

The next year was his breakout year

Year 3 - 262 out of 400 for a 65.5% completion percentage with 27 TDs and 7 interceptions.

Can anybody guess who this QB is? The second question is will the Steeler fans have enough patience to see if Mason can develop into a great QB?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I get frustrated with Mason also but then I think back to another QB who struggled. This guy took over the starting job his second year also. Here are his stats for his first 2 years as a starter

Year 1 - 320 out of 526 for a 60.8% completion percentage with 17 TDs and 16 interceptions
    Year 2 - 205 out of 356 for a 57.6% completion percentage with 11 TDs and 15 interceptions (9 games)

Year 3 - 262 out of 400 for a 65.5% completion percentage with 27 TDs and 7 interceptions.

Can anybody guess who this QB is? The second question is will the Steeler fans have enough patience to see if Mason can develop into a great QB?
    Mason is going to be fine and a QB we can win with.

He may not be as good as Ben, but who is? It took us over 20 years after Bradshaw retired to get a franchise QB.

I think Mason will be at least as good as Derek Carr who is a solid NFL QB and he has the potential to be better. We can win if he is that, especially if we aren't committing 20% of the salary cap to a "franchise" QB and we can add the necessary complementary pieces.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't know who the QB is.

But I hope Mason's next year of starting doesn't come for a few years and we get high level Ben with a high level D.

That combination has led to 3 SB appearances in the past and hopefully a few more.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Peyton?

Hell, I don’t know... but I definitely remember Peyton having a ton of turnovers his first few seasons.

IMO what makes Mason ok is his lack of turnovers. Just means we won’t see as many splash plays as well.

I just hope he stops taking sacks in his own endzone. His lack of urgency on those plays is scary.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Peyton?

Hell, I don’t know... but I definitely remember Peyton having a ton of turnovers his first few seasons.

IMO what makes Mason ok is his lack of turnovers. Just means we won’t see as many splash plays as well.

I just hope he stops taking sacks in his own endzone. His lack of urgency on those plays is scary.
    The answer is

Drew Brees
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!