Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 107

Thread: Lack of equality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Lack of equality

    For those that have been living under a rock for the past 24hrs, the safety for the Browns, Jermaine Whitehead made threatening and racist remarks on Twitter immediately after the game.

    All day today, the national media talking heads referred to it as threatening posts and completely swept under the rug the fact that they were racist posts as well. I can't let it go anymore. I already did it once with AB. I'm also writing some of these national media outlets or anchors on it.

    AB is also a racist. Hell, he even called Mike Mayock, his former GM a name to prove it.

    No one called him a racist in the national media. He is one though.

    What if Edelman called a black fan on Twitter the N word?
    Think that would get national media attention?! You better damn well believe it. People would want his head served on a silver platter.

    My point is ... There is no equality with stuff like this. People don't want equality. If they did, it would be covered equally regardless of race. If people were treated fairly, there wouldn't be crutches. And who doesn't like a crutch? I do. The fact that people want true equality is a hoax.
    Last edited by steelz09; 11-04-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Unfortunately you are 100 percent correct.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Let us know how that works out for you, It will be very interesting to know if anyone gets back to you.

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    It was reported he used a racial slur and he was promptly fired.

    What is your point?

    Neither guy works in the NFL right now. What is your complaint?

    Is this what happens when Tomlin goes on a winning streak? Make up a reason to be mad at something that has already been addressed appropriately.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 11-04-2019 at 11:40 PM.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    It was reported he used a racial slur and he was promptly fired.

    What is your point?

    Neither guy works in the BFL right now. What is your complaint?

    Is this what happens when Tomlin goes on a winning streak? Make up a reason to be mad at something that has already been addressed appropriately.
    What's the BFL?

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    People in America want equality. It's getting better but it's still a work in progress. Hopefully racists individuals can find the errors in their ways.

    People should be more concerned and out raged at our openly racist, sexist, and sexually assaulting president.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 11-05-2019 at 12:51 AM.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    People in America want equality. It's getting better but it's still a work in progress. Hopefully racists individuals can find the errors in their ways.

    People should be more concerned and out raged at our openly racist, sexist, and sexually assaulting president.
    Why should we be concerned about his actions and ignore millions others,?
    He's the best president we've had in a long time.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Why should we be concerned about his actions and ignore millions others,?
    He's the best president we've had in a long time.
    Trump will go down as one of the worst presidents of all time.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    People in America want equality. It's getting better but it's still a work in progress. Hopefully racists individuals can find the errors in their ways.

    People should be more concerned and out raged at our openly racist, sexist, and sexually assaulting president.
    All the things you say about trump are true; the supposed leader of the United States should not have those aspects to his character.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    It was reported he used a racial slur and he was promptly fired.

    What is your point?

    Neither guy works in the NFL right now. What is your complaint?

    Is this what happens when Tomlin goes on a winning streak? Make up a reason to be mad at something that has already been addressed appropriately.
    I think his complaint is with the media, who seem to have a kind of double-standard when it comes to reporting racism.

    I would say there's a lot of inequality in this country, working against -- or sometimes, for -- all kinds of different people/groups.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •