Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of equality

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    That's your problem, it's true. Like you, or someone else, said in another thread, show your work. Prove to me that there aren't all kinds of inequalities going on with all kinds of people and groups in this country -- prove it or shut up.

I'm not complaining about our country, it's still the best in the world. I'm just saying that unfair treatment is a fact of life. And if you don't agree, I'd say YOU are the snowflake.
    I believe YOU have to prove that there is because I just saw CP post 5 headlines mentioning his racist rants AND he was fired.

and what the hell does this
    have to do with the Steelers?

Just another attempt by a chosen few to deflect after a nice win?

Good luck with this one guys. Sounds like the oppression olympics up in here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oppression olympics? Calm down, dizzflake ...

It has little to do with the Steelers, you're right. But I don't know that anybody is trying to "deflect after a nice win." I, for one, have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ummm, guy goes on a stupid twitter rant. He clearly threatens violence and uses racist language. I saw all the headlines. They were accurate.

Dude is out of a job next day.

I’d say that sounds about right.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    For those that have been living under a rock for the past 24hrs, the safety for the Browns, Jermaine Whitehead made threatening and racist remarks on Twitter immediately after the game.

All day today, the national media talking heads referred to it as threatening posts and completely swept under the rug the fact that they were racist posts as well. I can't let it go anymore. I already did it once with AB. I'm also writing some of these national media outlets or anchors on it.

AB is also a racist. Hell, he even called Mike Mayock, his former GM a name to prove it.

No one called him a racist in the national media. He is one though.

What if Edelman called a black fan on Twitter the N word?
    Think that would get national media attention?! You better damn well believe it. People would want his head served on a silver platter.

My point is ... There is no equality with stuff like this. People don't want equality. If they did, it would be covered equally regardless of race. If people were treated fairly, there wouldn't be crutches. And who doesn't like a crutch? I do. The fact that people want true equality is a hoax.
    You're right. Verbally, black folks can make "racist" statements.

Now, go fix all the other stuff that really matters...
    Like why do i get pulled over for driving in my neighborhood for not doing anything wrong. "just didn't recognize you". I've lived here for over a decade, officer. "Don't get smart with me. I'll let you off with a warning"

Or why do drugs typically used by blacks (crack) carry a stiffer sentence than the same drug (cocaine) that is more commonly used by whites.
    Or why are people still made a Mike Vick over dog fighting, but let it go when someone kills black folks. I knew were were the lowest "people" on the totem pole, but, below dogs too? *ouch*
    Or why are mass shooters more likely to be taken alive when white, but a black kid can have a toy gun and be shot? Literally, i listen to every "shooter" story and if they say, "taken alive", i say aloud, "must've been white"... haven't been wrong yet.
    Or...
    Or..

There are HUNDREDS of problems and examples. But, ok... let's swing THIS one YOUR way too.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Is “cracker” considered racist by most people? I’m seriously asking. I use the term to denigrate Southerners, and never realized it had a strong racial slam component to it.
    it's not nearly as significant as the N word... so, the post was faulty to begin with.... but, meh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

Like why do i get pulled over for driving in my neighborhood for not doing anything wrong. "just didn't recognize you". I've lived here for over a decade, officer. "Don't get smart with me. I'll let you off with a warning"

Or why do drugs typically used by blacks (crack) carry a stiffer sentence than the same drug (cocaine) that is more commonly used by whites.
    Or why are people still made a Mike Vick over dog fighting, but let it go when someone kills black folks. I knew were were the lowest "people" on the totem pole, but, below dogs too? *ouch*
    Or why are mass shooters more likely to be taken alive when white, but a black kid can have a toy gun and be shot? Literally, i listen to every "shooter" story and if they say, "taken alive", i say aloud, "must've been white"... haven't been wrong yet.
    Or...
    Or..

There are HUNDREDS of problems and examples. But, ok... let's swing THIS one YOUR way too.
    yep...let's fix them ALL. Not just the ones that personally outrage you; let's fix them all.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    yep...let's fix them ALL. Not just the ones that personally outrage you; let's fix them all.
    with this, i agree... it's just not what comes across when someone chooses something so simple as "well, he said a kinda offensive word... why can't i say one?"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets also keep in mind that the media coverage also depends on the the person that made the comments. Nobody knows who Jermaine Whitehead is, if these same comments come from Odell Beckham this thing goes nuclear.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

it's not nearly as significant as the N word... so, the post was faulty to begin with.... but, meh
    Yeah, I’m going to keep using it on Southerners. I’m not going to limit my vocabulary just because some sensitive, hysterical types feel all emotionally bruised.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Or...
    Or..

If this country had true equality folks heads would explode.

Can you imagine if cops shot unarmed white men running away from police while unarmed at the same rate they do for darker skin?

The same jail sentences for people regardless of race?

All the well off white teens getting serious jail time for their first or second offense instead of getting a call for the parents to pick up their kids.

I grew up in the burbs. It would’ve been awesome if equality was a real thing.

Does anyone really think WE don’t want equality?

This thread is a head scratcher.