Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of equality

Administrator

User Info Menu

Lack of equality

For those that have been living under a rock for the past 24hrs, the safety for the Browns, Jermaine Whitehead made threatening and racist remarks on Twitter immediately after the game.

All day today, the national media talking heads referred to it as threatening posts and completely swept under the rug the fact that they were racist posts as well. I can't let it go anymore. I already did it once with AB. I'm also writing some of these national media outlets or anchors on it.

AB is also a racist. Hell, he even called Mike Mayock, his former GM a name to prove it.

No one called him a racist in the national media. He is one though.

What if Edelman called a black fan on Twitter the N word?
    Think that would get national media attention?! You better damn well believe it. People would want his head served on a silver platter.

My point is ... There is no equality with stuff like this. People don't want equality. If they did, it would be covered equally regardless of race. If people were treated fairly, there wouldn't be crutches. And who doesn't like a crutch? I do. The fact that people want true equality is a hoax.
    Last edited by steelz09; 11-04-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

Unfortunately you are 100 percent correct.

Legend

User Info Menu

Let us know how that works out for you, It will be very interesting to know if anyone gets back to you.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It was reported he used a racial slur and he was promptly fired.

What is your point?

Neither guy works in the NFL right now. What is your complaint?

Is this what happens when Tomlin goes on a winning streak? Make up a reason to be mad at something that has already been addressed appropriately.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 11-04-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

What is your point?

Neither guy works in the BFL right now. What is your complaint?

Is this what happens when Tomlin goes on a winning streak? Make up a reason to be mad at something that has already been addressed appropriately.
    What's the BFL?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

People in America want equality. It's getting better but it's still a work in progress. Hopefully racists individuals can find the errors in their ways.

People should be more concerned and out raged at our openly racist, sexist, and sexually assaulting president.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 11-05-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Riley Cooper from the Eagles got to stay on his team.. Apparently he is a big Kenney Chesney fan, and will fight every black to get back stage! haaaa
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

What is your point?

Neither guy works in the NFL right now. What is your complaint?

I think his complaint is with the media, who seem to have a kind of double-standard when it comes to reporting racism.

I would say there's a lot of inequality in this country, working against -- or sometimes, for -- all kinds of different people/groups.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    For those that have been living under a rock for the past 24hrs, the safety for the Browns, Jermaine Whitehead made threatening and racist remarks on Twitter immediately after the game.

All day today, the national media talking heads referred to it as threatening posts and completely swept under the rug the fact that they were racist posts as well.
    Really dude? Just don't get the outrage. You "see" what you wanna see and today's divisive environment stirs it.

FACT:

USA Today
    "Browns cut Jermaine Whitehead after violent, racist Twitter threats"

Yahoo Sports
    "Browns condemn Jermaine Whitehead Twitter rant containing death threat, racist language"

Even ultra liberal
    The Guardian
    "Browns waive Jermaine Whitehead after expletive-laden ‘cracker’ tweet"

AOL News
    Browns cut Jermaine Whitehead after racist Twitter rant that included death threats

The Associated Press said clearly that he used a DEROGATORY RACIAL TERM. This is repeated in Newspapers all over the country. A few of the dozens of examples:

New York Times
    "Whitehead's tweets included several expletives and in one he used a derogatory racial term."

Time
    Whitehead’s tweets included several expletives and in one he used a derogatory racial term.

Trib
    Whitehead’s tweets included several expletives and in one he used a derogatory racial term.

Fact is dude got fired. His vile comments are called racist language all over the media. People filter the whole truth to see what they want to see.

Bringing it back to Steelers:
    Same thing happens with people perceptions of elements of this team.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-05-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The response here seems to be similar to the response to Richie Incognito's use of a racial slur. Although firing here was more immediate since the Tweets were public instead of private texts.

AB was also fired immediately after using a slur (maybe on purpose to try to go to the Pats).

I only saw one thing on this but they did specifically mentioned use of a racial slur. But I also try hard to avoid talking heads (in sports and "real" news)

Maybe we should move this thread to Off Topic?
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158