Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We played the RATS tigher than the Pats

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We played the RATS tigher than the Pats

26-23 Rats barely over us in OT

37-20 Rats had their way with the cheaters and it probably should have been worse.

I figured the cheaters were due for a loss. But the Rats had that game under control for the entire 60 mintues. Even after some mistakes.

Matchups are interesting and the cheaters didn't match up well with the Rats. Maybe the cheaters aren't as good as everyone thinks they are? Maybe we aren't as bad as we think we are? Lamar Jackson is more of a problem than I thought he'd be. How long can he continue to be their offense until they run his wheels off?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    26-23 Rats barely over us in OT

37-20 Rats had their way with the cheaters and it probably should have been worse.

I figured the cheaters were due for a loss. But the Rats had that game under control for the entire 60 mintues. Even after some mistakes.

Matchups are interesting and the cheaters didn't match up well with the Rats. Maybe the cheaters aren't as good as everyone thinks they are? Maybe we aren't as bad as we think we are? Lamar Jackson is more of a problem than I thought he'd be. How long can he continue to be their offense until they run his wheels off?
    You get the "positive spin in the face of disaster" award of the year. .

I got.."the Rats are legit, my slim hopes of a playoff is shot" after that game.

The Pats crushed us WITH Ben. The Rats barely beat us. They destroy the Pats.

Takaway? The Rats are getting better...not good for us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hairball has been competitive against the cheats for years. Just like the cheats have had tomlins number. Just like we’ve been competitive against the rats for years. It’s just certain matchups work, others don’t. Glad the pats lost. Mad the rats won. It is what it is.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Teams tend to play better against division rivals.

The Browns destroyed the Rats earlier this year. It’s definitely about matchups.

I also think the Pats haven’t played many good teams. We definitely weren’t good that first game. Typical slow start. Maybe next offseason Ben will throw time show he is healthy and come out hot.

My Bro in Law is a Pats fan. We watched the game together last night and he predicted a blowout loss.

Funny how a fan of a team can know the tendencies of their team. The offense isn’t that good.

Also, Lamar Jackson is balling out but if you get him in some 3rd and longs you can have success. Dude is a problem tho. I knew he would improve with a full offseason and an offense that leans on his strengths.

Hopefully if Mason is the future we will see him look better in an offense built to his strengths.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Hairball has been competitive against the cheats for years. Just like the cheats have had tomlins number. Just like we’ve been competitive against the rats for years. It’s just certain matchups work, others don’t. Glad the pats lost. Mad the rats won. It is what it is.
    Mobile QB’s are Billicheats kryptonite. He hasn’t had success against Cam either. He calls Cam public enemy number one. I think Lamar is the new PE for the Pats.

Legend

User Info Menu

NE schedule up to yesterday was soft as Stay Puff mallows. They've been exposed.
    Oh yeah, and if you get Brady to have to move, you'll see what a 42 yr old NFL QB looks like.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    NE schedule up to yesterday was soft as Stay Puff mallows. They've been exposed.
    Oh yeah, and if you get Brady to have to move, you'll see what a 42 yr old NFL QB looks like.
    A lot of high sailing balls last night. I think Brady’s arm is finally showing signs of aging.

No Gronk also helps.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    This. Has always been this, even when he was younger. Just like Peyton. Like many QB's really. Get them pressure and they become average.

If we played them a 2nd time this year, I wonder if our D would do a better job of that?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    A lot of high sailing balls last night. I think Brady’s arm is finally showing signs of aging.

No Gronk also helps.
    I want that team to die. I want them to experience a downturn like every other team goes through. I really hope this year is the start of that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Something many also overlook, the pats have enjoyed an utterly pathetic division for like 15 years now. A brief run with Rex Ryan’s jets - but though the bills are good this year, that’s almost a guaranteed 6 wins spotted to them. That’s a huge advantage. Yes, we have the browns and bungles - but really only the stains have been inept for 20 years.

That’s not to take away from the pats - but it shouldn’t be discounted.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!